Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum General Discussion

Notice of Appreciation

Ideas, Opinions, Wants, Wishes.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Notice of Appreciation

Postby steinke » Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:23 am

Just wanted to thank all the execs, volunteers, doctors, nurses, scoring and timing, starters, marshals, etc… and all the other people behind the scenes we don’t see that really keep this club we call the VRRA alive and kicking. You all sacrificed for the benefit of so many. Thank you for a wonderful 2024 season.
John
John Steinke #51
steinke

Re: Notice of Appreciation

Postby Brian Stevenson » Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:04 am

I'll second that.

I don't think we could have had a better weekend to end off this seasons racing.
Brian Stevenson
VRRA Member

Postby Paul Brubaker » Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:01 am

Yes, thanks to all who make the VRRA happen.
Paul Brubaker
Paul Brubaker
VRRA Member

Postby ericpritchard » Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:07 am

Hear, Hear! What a great club we have and it's all down to the volunteers and executive.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to bring our older bikes out on the track.
Racing is great, and it's never too late to have a happy childhood!!!
ericpritchard
VRRA Member

Location: 2268 Gore Road, Ormstown, Quebec, Canada J0S 1K0 Tel: (450) 829 3593

Postby mccoy » Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:39 pm

What John said, Thank you all!
Mark
97 YZF750R
78 GS750E Awaiting re-assembly
80 GS1100E R.I.P.
mccoy

Postby larry » Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:08 pm

I'll double that, for sure. One thing I saw over the weekend that really shows off the spirit of the club was Virgil (don't know his last name) helping his competitor Ian McQueen trying to fix his bike. Virgil's English is dicey, Ian's French isn't wonderful, but Virgil was doing his best to help his closest competitor get going again. Lovely to see.
History is just one damn thing after another.
larry
VRRA Member

Postby stevebem » Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:15 pm

ericpritchard wrote:Hear, Hear! What a great club we have and it's all down to the volunteers and executive.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to bring our older bikes out on the track.
Racing is great, and it's never too late to have a happy childhood!!!

Exactly. Well put Eric.
#413. Steve Bem
Pre65 CB72
P2 MWT CB400f
P3 LWT GpZ 550
stevebem

Postby Dave M » Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:40 am

I absolutely agree with what John and others have said, thank you all. It was a phenomenal year.

I also have noticed something in the last few years. The level of rider ability and bike preparation has improved dramatically over the past seasons. There are very few, if any, crappy looking bikes out there. Generally, racers are all respecting each other and racing within their skills. This has resulted in fewer oil spills, fewer contacts and crashes, better race time, far less injuries/hospital trips/lost work time and importantly, better club image!

Some of it can be attributed to newer more reliable bikes but the older stuff is still out there and is being well prepared and maintained. Pride of ownership is everywhere. I had the pleasure of looking across at the beautiful builds of Brian S and John S all GP weekend and appreciated all the time and skill that went into them.

It looks good on us. I heard very good comments from people who regularly attend CSBK events. So keep it up people. It's things like this that will make us thrive!
The trouble with trouble is that it starts out as fun.
Dave M
VRRA Member

Return to General Discussion