Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

Sidecar Reunion September 27/28

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Sidecar Reunion September 27/28

Postby Michael Vinten » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:08 pm

The Sidecar Reunion is on. Vintage sidecars will be on the schedule for the last RACE round on September 27/28 at Shannonville. This event is also the last round for the SRA modern sidecars. The modern and vintage sidecars will have separate practices and races. Entry forms will be available on the RACE web site. Riders and passengers without a RACE licence will pay the regular VRRA fee of $15. We will be responsible for tech and grid sheets. I can supply tech sheets but will need someone to do tech as I help with the SRA tech. I suggest that gridding for the heat race be by VRRA series points.

I have raced at the Festival of Sidecars at Loudon for the past two years and had a great time with both vintage and modern sidecars. I hope we can replicate this in Canada. It has been many years since vintage and modern were all part of the SRA and this will be a great way for both sidecar groups to get together and enjoy our sport. During practice sessions, there may be an opportunity to be a passenger on a modern or vintage rig and experience the differences. Lets see if we can get the biggest sidecar gathering since the Vintage Festival at Mosport in 2004.
Mike #19
Michael Vinten
Tech Committee

Re: Sidecar Reunion September 27/28

Postby Dave M » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:48 am

Sounds good Mike. Dale and I will plan to be there.
The trouble with trouble is that it starts out as fun.
Dave M
VRRA Member

Postby scooterboy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:06 pm

We are in for sure....thanks for getting this together
scooterboy

Postby bfd » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Lets start a sign up for the potluck
Here is the thread on the SRA forum-
http://sidecarracers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2266
Feel free to send me a PM and I'll try to keep the lists compiled
Thanks
Bill
bfd

Postby bfd » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:19 am

Pulled pork- Jeff Gillard

Sweet n Sour Meatballs - The Fletchers
Jello - (if I get the time to make one) - Bobby
bfd

Postby Michael Vinten » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:34 pm

A great sidecar weekend happened at St Eustache - all entered rigs finished on Sunday. First three teams were within one second of the lap record. Let's get a good turnout and put on a show. Current VRRA entries should be
Dave and Dale
Mike and Sue
Vic and Tom
Miles and Shelley
Gary and Sean
Joe and Steve
David and Joel
Brian and Hopper

Steve and Judi (SRA)
Pete? (SRA)
Mike #19
Michael Vinten
Tech Committee

Postby tintop » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:46 pm

Was a great weekend, thanks for getting this organized Mike. From the chatter in the pits the vintage bikes stole the show on Saturday.

Won't mention Sunday's attrition rate (DNS's / DNF's). :oops: Although mention should be made of Gary's efforts to get back out for Sunday.

There was some discussion about doing it again, and possibly doing more of the SRA/RACE dates. Maybe a best 5 out of 7 vintage sidecar series??
"Anyone can build a race car, the trick is to make it fast." - Harvey Postlethwaite
tintop
VRRA Member

Postby Dave M » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:55 am

Agreed, it was the racing weekend I enjoyed most of all this past year so thanks Mike for making it happen. Chris Chappelle stated in the Sunday morning riders meeting that the Saturday vintage sidecar race was by far the most entertaining of the day. That was a real compliment to us all considering that all the superfast guys like Jodie Christie and Kris Garvie were out there tearin' it up.
Congratulations Mike and Sue, on your brief 24 hour hold on the Pro Track lap record on Saturday. Thank goodness it was broken again on Sunday by the very fast team of Joe Soles and Steve Humphrey driving Len Fitch's Triumph powered rig. Otherwise Mike, we'd have to listen to you bringing that up at every opportunity for the next 8 months :)
Seriously though, all the sidecar teams including the two mentioned above made huge improvements in both skill levels and lap times and the competition is getting pretty intense. It makes for some great racing. If you ever thought you would like to try it, the timing couldn't be better. Find or build a rig and come on out next season.

We missed the teams that couldn't make it, Matt and Shaun, Rick and latest victim, Pierre, Ryan and Evie...
The trouble with trouble is that it starts out as fun.
Dave M
VRRA Member

Postby Michael Vinten » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:48 am

It was a great weekend and nice to be with the modern sidecars. Thanks to all who came out and put on a fine display of vintage racing. It was unfortunate that the sidecar gremlins did not allow us to replicate Saturday's racing on Sunday. I think we should do this again next year. We will have to see the SRA schedule which should be decided on by year end.

The previous lap record set in 2012 was 1:31.870 and the following teams broke it
Joe and Steve 1:29.817
Mike and Sue 1:29.848
Dave and Dale 1:29.930
Gary and Sean 1:30.484
David and Joel 1:31.591

Three of the teams were new this year. 2015 looks to be a competitive year and I am sure that most of us are thinking about improvements over the winter. Congratulations to Len Fitch for making the Triumph fast and reliable. I wonder what he will be up to over the winter.
Mike #19
Michael Vinten
Tech Committee

Postby Percy W » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:29 pm

5 new teams Mike.
You and Sue,
David and Joel
Rick and Dave/Jim
Joe and Jodi/Steve
And, Shelley and I.

We also, established a P1 track record, this weekend at Shannonville.

Let's hope Eddie and his wife next year.
Plus more.
Percy W

Postby Steve F » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:58 pm

It was grate to have u guys come out with us , u should consider making it out every time the SRA is at shanney and make it count for points in your championship ,,, when we,r all together it,s a BIG + for sidecar raceing :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Steve F.
Steve F

Postby Michael Vinten » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:43 pm

My reference to 3 new teams were of the 5 teams that broke the P2 lap record - poor wording on my part. Your list of the new teams is correct for vintage sidecars as a whole - an impressive number of new teams for one year. Thanks for raising the P1 lap times and congratulations.
Mike #19
Michael Vinten
Tech Committee

Postby bfd » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:25 pm

That was lots of fun and everything worked well, especially for the teams who did both races.

And Matt Gill- I didn't forget about the suitcase
bfd

Postby MGill » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:47 am

bfd wrote:

And Matt Gill- I didn't forget about the suitcase

You mean the empty one you took home with no beer in it?
Sounds like I missed a whole lot of fun last weekend.
Only turn 40 once, too many party's, not enough me to go around.
Off to Barber Wednesday.
#39 BMW
Member #1336
www.mmmotowerks.com
MGill
VRRA Member

Postby bfd » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:07 pm

Enjoy Alabama but there is no Mill St Coffee Porter down there,
Just so you can plan ahead
bfd

Next