Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Trading Post - Bikes for sale! Race Bikes

Daytona Winning Honda RS125 and its ugly sibling

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Postby Deemon125 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Vintage P4 eligible, 125 GP eligible, Sale or Trade

This is probably the best Vintage RS125 in Canada. Add tires and your numbers and its ready to win. Comes with some spares.

This bike was raced by Jim Struke to wins at Daytona Speed Week Singles Race in 95 and 96. Jim also won the RACE Pro125GP championship on it. I raced it for one season, but health forced me to retire.

The motor was rebuilt by Pete Snell using the Rising Sun rebuild kit in the winter of 06/07. At the same time, Pete made the mods to the crank/ rod needed so that readily-available 95 and newer pistons can be used in it (Honda stopped making pistons for the 94 and older bikes). The motor was started and three heat cycles put on it, but it has not been started since.

I’m not going to give away the special tuning it has had, except to the purchaser.

Suspension -- Ohlins rear shock (rebuilt winter of 06/07 by John Sharrard)) never ridden on since rebuild, extra springs for the front forks

Front brake - ISR six pot front brake caliper - with spare brand-new brake pads

Foot controls. Hjelm motorsports footpeg hangers - they are the long ones but you can also mount the footpegs in the standard position as well - with the Hjelm shift lever and brake pedal - really neat carved aluminum and have ball bearings in them.

Complete gearing and jetting. Front and rear stands. Manual and Parts book. Complete used fairing and seat.

The second bike is complete and runs but is ugly, except for its polished tank. The motor has not been modified for the 95 and newer pistons (have one or two brand new pre-95 pistons that fit). Complete gearing and jetting. Front and rear stands. Manual and Parts book. Ugly is only skin deep.

Extra Wheels: one pair of Machesini Mags in sexy black
Two Honda rears, one Honda front

Expansion chambers—three, one of which is “Kit”

Additional Small Spares I have a a couple of thousand dollars’ worth of brand-new and good used parts which fit most RSs from nineteen eighty seven to nineteen ninety four, including new and earlier pistons. I owned and raced new RS125s from 1988 to 1996 so I know which parts to hoard.

I don’t have to sell them, and am close to succumbing to my friends’ urging to make them into a pair of matching end tables, but I will entertain offers for the entire package

OR

I will consider trade for a registered, plated, interesting, lightweight street bike.

Dave Monahan
VRRA 800, RACE Pro 808
Deemon125

Re: Daytona Winning Honda RS125 and its ugly sibling

Postby racerdude413 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:51 pm

If your going to make them into end tables, why don't you sponsor a youngster on it? I know a young lady who would love to race with us but her current 250gp bike is not eligible...
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby ulsterman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:26 am

PM sent
Dont'brake till the cows start running
ulsterman
VRRA Member

Postby ulsterman » Wed May 08, 2013 9:20 pm