Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

Rule Change Voting Summary

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

Rule Change Voting Summary

Postby Doug Forbes » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:45 pm

The Baffled Muffler will soon arrive to all people with 2011 and 2012 memberships, with the proposed rule changes and your ballot included.
Only those who have a 2012 membership are eligible to vote. However Karen, our membership secretary, will be sending me updates as people sign up or renew their memberships.
Your membership number, not your racing number, MUST be included on your ballot, preferably on the top left corner. That is my only way of verifying you have a current paid up membership.
You may return your ballot to me either by email or regular mail, as long as it is in my hands or postmarked by April 15, 2012.
You do not have to vote on every proposed rule change.
As I have stated before(my mantra).... your vote is your voice. Your vote determines the direction in which our club moves and the rules that you race under.

Please vote!

Doug Forbes
VRRA Returning Officer
Doug Forbes
VRRA Member

Re: Rule Change Voting Summary

Postby tim whyte » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:29 pm

ok- so we're voting on 2011 rule changes, as they were delayed, but you must be a 2012 member to vote on them? that sounds odd.....sorry

i received the BM yesterday (April 3), I would like to really think my votes through, as there is several ramifications on each one as I see it.

Is there time to submit my renewal through the mail and send in my votes before that deadline? it sure doesn't seem to be, I believe this short turn around with a requirement to renew your membership (which I saw here on the forum, not on the ballot?)will prove a small response and/or a large default on the votes.

Is this reasonable to the membership?
Tim Whyte
tim whyte
VRRA Member

Postby Michael Vinten » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:48 pm

The rule changes were posted on the Bulletin Board (members only forum) in mid February. Several of the proposals were discussed in depth on that forum. Since these changes, if accepted, will take effect for the 2012 season it is reasonable to restrict voting to 2012 members. This requirement is on the ballot.

As soon as membership renewals are received the information will be sent to the Returning Officer.
Mike #19
Michael Vinten
Tech Committee

Postby Doug Forbes » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:48 pm

An Update and Reminder...
I am getting regular updates from Karen our Membership Secretary. A number of our members have renewed since the Baffled Muffler came out,hopefully so that not only can they race ,but have a voice in the rules they race under as well.
Ballot returns started slowly but have picked up in the last two days.However with now only 10 days left to get your ballot to me and Easter fast approaching it may be difficult to keep the intent to vote at the top of your priority list if you have not already sent it in.If you intend to vote and make your voice heard please do it soon.
I do not mind counting ballots through Easter weekend except during Moto GP coverage.Please step forward ,VOTE and let your voice be heard in the rules we will race under this year.
Thanks
Doug Forbes
VRRA Returning Officer
Doug Forbes
VRRA Member

Postby Doug Forbes » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:30 am

Final voting notice for all current VRRA members
If you intended to vote,but have not yet done so,you still have time to submit your ballot to me and make your voice heard and your vote count.
Today is Sunday April 15 and every ballot submitted by midnight tonight will count.
I eagerly await every ballot.PLEASE VOTE.
Thanks
Doug Forbes
VRRA Returning Officer
Doug Forbes
VRRA Member

Postby jim kots » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:02 pm

It's all over but the crying :wink:

Will the results be posted shortly?

Jim
jim kots
VRRA Member

Postby Doug Forbes » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:59 am

Results will be posted after all potential snail mail has arrived, been verified and been counted. Please be patient.
And a thank you to all members that took the time to vote.

Doug Forbes
VRRA Returning Officer
Doug Forbes
VRRA Member

Postby Ashton Bond » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:18 pm

I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one holding my breath... :? :D Thanks for doing a thorough job everyone. Out of curiosity, can you also publish the voting stats? It's always interesting to see the participation synopsis.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby jim kots » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Has the ballot box been closed?

Jim
jim kots
VRRA Member

Postby racerdude413 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Yes, when can we expect results to be posted?

Why not let us know exaclty how long we plan to wait for the snail mail?
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby Ashton Bond » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:06 pm

^^^+1 I think I've worn out my iPhone checking for the results all week.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby Doug Forbes » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:33 am

Time always seems to stand still when you are waiting for something to arrive. We now have the final results for the voting on the Rule Change Proposals posted in the Bulletin Board (Members Only) section of the Forum.
Thanks,
Doug Forbes
VRRA Returning Officer
Doug Forbes
VRRA Member

Postby racerdude413 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:15 am

Seeing how close the voting was on a couple of rules, i can see why we waited until all the snail mail came in... 1 vote could have made a difference on a couple of rule changes...
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Return to Club Announcements