Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

2011 Quebec GP Info

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

2011 Tremblant Info

Postby Peter Balfour » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Its never too soon to think about next year! Below is a message from our current Competition Coordinator Brian D.:

WELL, HERE IT IS!!!!
All the noise info that was gathered at the Quinte TT, the Quebec G.P. and at Mosport. I
arranged it by bike number so that it is user friendly for you guys. Those who have more
than 1 bike will notice that, when the info was available, I also included the race or
practice the levels were taken in to give you an idea of which bike the noise was coming
from. So now all you have to do is go have a look at where you stand compared to Mont-
Tremblant’s requirement of 92Db maximum noise level. Good luck.
I also include an entry form for a Quebec G.P. to be held in July, 2011 at Mont-
Tremblant. The EXACT date in July would have to be confirmed upon reservation, but I
wasn’t going to put the cart before the horse. IF enough of us sign up (STRICT minimum
of 135 riders) by November 4th, 2010 THEN I will be asking for a date from Circuit
Mont-Tremblant. So at this point in time, it is up to all of us to look at the information we
have available to us and each make a decision. If you pass the sound requirements as
listed above and want to race at Mont-Tremblant, by all means send in an entry form with
your $110.00. If you want to sign up for more than 1 bike, you can still just send in
$110.00 and modify your entry form in the spring to add the other bikes to it. That way
you’re only out $110.00 until then. If your bike(s) DON’T pass the requirements, then
you have a decision to make. Either you make a commitment to change your exhaust
system to try to adhere to the requirements, or, if your data shows that you’re borderline,
then do you want to take a chance and show up with your bike as is. Just remember that if
you go racing at Mont-Tremblant and are black-flagged for excessive noise, the bike will
not be allowed back onto the track until you can prove it WILL meet the requirements.
Unfortunately, in most cases that means your weekend will be over. We have done our
very best to furnish as much information as possible to allow you to make an informed
decision, but be aware that if you’re black-flagged, there will be NO REFUND OF ANY
KIND.
So, with all this in mind, it’s now up to the membership whether we race at Mont-
Tremblant next summer or if we hold our Quebec G.P. somewhere else. Please try to
make your decision A.S.A.P. so we can get this going early rather than late.
Best regards to you all,
Brian D. #43
Competition Coordinator

Below are links to the entry form and DB testing information:

Tremblant Entry Form: http://www.vrra.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Entry-11-QGP.pdf

Quinte DB Results http://www.vrra.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Dbresults-quinteTT.pdf

Quebec GP DB Results http://www.vrra.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Dbresults-quebecGP.pdf

Mosport DB Results http://www.vrra.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Dbresults-Mosport.pdf

Links are also available on our website: http://www.vrra.ca
'71 BSA B50 P1-500
‘84 Yamaha FJ600
Peter Balfour
Tech Committee

Re: 2011 Tremblant Info

Postby Stormn#712 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:36 pm

-
-
Rock and roll ! ! I'm in ! ! Cheque a la poste lundi ! ! -
-
Some simpletans are feeverishly anti-fur but leather seems ok to their logic.? It's easier to attack rich ladies than bikers . #712
Stormn#712

Postby Malcolm Lake » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:44 pm

Mid Ohio looks good....

Sorry, I posted the above without explanation. It's all I/we can do in this downturn to show up and compete. Were we silly with money before?...sure. However I'm not going to spend money reducing noise. I would spend money, if we had it, trying to go faster, but that's it at this point. I can run the EX up in an enclosed garage and do less damage to my ears than the rig, but the rig scores better on the tests that have been posted. I don't quite understand that but it is what it is. I am not going to spend the entry fee, the cost of fuel to get there (highest for us on the tour) only to be black flagged and go home. We race vintage machines...they are noisy...and frankly ours are MUCH less so than some. If we can't be vintage then let's just not go. Sure I'd REALLY love to run Tremblant, but as I have only 4 weekends a summer off, I'm not going anywhere I may not be able to race. Judging from the numbers posted either a lot of us will have to spend a lot of money...or we're not going.

Regards,

Mal
Malcolm Lake
VRRA Member

Postby racerdude413 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:07 pm

Check will be in the mail monday, will the checks be deposited and refunded if we end up not going, or only deposit if we book a date?

Mal it would cost about 250$ for most bikes to be legal....
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby thelittleguy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:50 am

Brian
Could you let me know how you tested the bikes this yr. I wasnt at any meets this season , I may try to test them myself. When I was Tech chair I tested a lot of our bikes at shannonville to comply with their levels and I had the club db meter taped to a yardstick at a 45degree angle from exhaust, bike then gets revved to half throttle , check done.Do we still have that meter?
Wouldnt want to travel all that way not knowing.
Thanks Steve
thelittleguy
VRRA Member

Postby brian-d #43 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:45 am

Steve,

We checked the bikes according to how Mont-Tremblant does it (seeing as how THAT'S where we wanted to go!!) and their criteria is 15 meters off the side of the track in an area where bikes are at full throttle and the meter was set up perpendicular to the track.

Brian D. #43
If you're not having fun, why bother!!
brian-d #43
VRRA Member

Postby mike burke » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:57 am

Great job and thanks to everybody working on the Tremblant negotiations!

Brian, anyway you can check your raw data? I know I specifically lined up and was tested at the Quinte yet see no results for #227. If you have it, great, if not so be it. Thanks.
Mike

Grampa #227

Enjoy life!
mike burke
VRRA Member

Postby Dave M » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:47 am

I fully support the Tremblant effort. Form is downloaded and cheque is signed.I'll do what I have to do to meet the noise requirement.
Dave M #570
The trouble with trouble is that it starts out as fun.
Dave M
VRRA Member

Postby thelittleguy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:40 am

Thanks for that info Brian. I wonder , does anyone know how that noise level would translate to a bike sitting still. I understand thats how MT tests, Mosport used to test in a similar fashion.Bit hard for guys with bikes in their shops that wernt running this yr.
Steve
thelittleguy
VRRA Member

Postby racerdude413 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:45 pm

Steve here is the results from a test that was done on sunday at shannonville on bikes standing still in pit lane, at the end of the line is the average from the on track results the same weekend so you can compare.... this is NOT science so results may vary in your garage...

Plate Number-------db at half redline-------db at redline--------------Description of bike-------average on track

401----------------------99.2--------------------107----------------------FZ400---4 into 1---------86.5

70-----------------------103----------------------107---------------------2 Stroke---Single----------92.3 or 96.2

93-----------------------106----------------------119---------------------CB450------2 into 2-------89 or 96.6

747----------------------106----------------------112------------------------ZX7------4 into 1-------88.6 or 94.2

30-----------------------109----------------------118---------------------GSXR750----4 into 1-------92.5

570-----------------------97----------------------113--------------------CBR600------4 into 1--------85 or 91

128-----------------------97----------------------112---------------------FZ400-------4 into 1---------90

356-----------------------96.3--------------------107---------------------SRX6---------Single---------87.5

12------------------------99.8---------------------109---------------------RS125-------Single--------93.8
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby racer361 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:56 pm

i was just looking the result of the noise test in quinte tt and more than the half no passing the 92db test ??? the test for tremblant ,is it the same for all the events held there or only for us , what was the norm for the meeting of old car (racing car, including f1 ) this summer with all those celebrities showing ,maybe our wallet not big enough,it's just a reflexion but for sure i want to race there ,hey i'll be sleeping in my bed during this week-end :D
racer361

Postby racerdude413 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:01 pm

racer361 wrote:i was just looking the result of the noise test in quinte tt and more than the half no passing the 92db test ??? the test for tremblant ,is it the same for all the events held there or only for us , what was the norm for the meeting of old car (racing car, including f1 ) this summer with all those celebrities showing ,maybe our wallet not big enough,it's just a reflexion but for sure i want to race there ,hey i'll be sleeping in my bed during this week-end :D

The 92 DB test is for all events at tremblant... including all motorcycle track days and street car events.

The Indy , F1 , and vintage cars get an exemption (only a certain amount of days a year are available for those exemptions) It is not available to the VRRA.
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby brian-d #43 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:34 pm

racer361 wrote:
i was just looking the result of the noise test in quinte tt and more than the half no passing the 92db test ??? the test for tremblant ,is it the same for all the events held there or only for us , what was the norm for the meeting of old car (racing car, including f1 ) this summer with all those celebrities showing ,maybe our wallet not big enough,it's just a reflexion but for sure i want to race there ,hey i'll be sleeping in my bed during this week-end

The 92 DB test is for all events at tremblant... including all motorcycle track days and street car events.

The Indy , F1 , and vintage cars get an exemption (only a certain amount of days a year are available for those exemptions) It is not available to the VRRA.

Well, that's close, but not QUITE the way it works in Tremblant. The people running the track CAN go to the township and ask for a voise restriction exemption, but they have to show the economic windfall for the region. Then the town managers make a decision whether the event is worth the noise trouble or not. In the case of Indy Cars, F1 and vintage cars, a whole lot of their people sleep in local hotels and eat meals in the local restaurants so the windfall is there. Unfortunately, we are a much more frugal bunch and we sleep at the track and cook our own meals at the track, so...

Brian D. #43
If you're not having fun, why bother!!
brian-d #43
VRRA Member

Postby Stormn#712 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:11 pm

-
-
I needed only a small amount of 2-stroke matt from a friend. A new bag (enough to do three bikes) is $60. The tiny (minuscule) loss in HP will not be noticeable to me. I'll be too busy concentrating on the dips and doodles of this AWESOME track. Thanks to everyone involved. :wink:
-
Some of you guys may be in for a surprise.....I'll be a Ninja silent racer.....wisper quiet around those corners...shhhhhhhhh :D

-
Some simpletans are feeverishly anti-fur but leather seems ok to their logic.? It's easier to attack rich ladies than bikers . #712
Stormn#712

Postby Ken McAdam » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:20 pm

Have you had a look at the contract yet? I know that MT likes all kinds of bizarre stipulations on the contract. One being that the owner at any time can cancel the date for personal use. Meaning that should he choose to take his Ferarri out with his buddies, you pack up and leave. Golo was telling me about the crazy contract at our last round. I know Colin had issues at the beginning where they wouldnt allow pit bikes, coolers, and BBQs at the nationals. I think they ironed out some of that stuff but everything is a fight and the guy who owns the place has no use for motorcycles. If this could be put together and you dont conflict the date with mine I would love to ride the track.
If you beat me all you have done is beaten an old fat guy. But If I beat you then you have been beaten by an old fat guy!
Ken McAdam
VRRA Member

Next

Return to Club Announcements