Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum General Discussion

AGM Hotel Bookings

Ideas, Opinions, Wants, Wishes.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

AGM Hotel Bookings

Postby Brian Stevenson » Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:41 pm

All, Hotel rooms for the AGM are going fast so Sarah has added another block of Queen Suites with a Pullout Couch that sleep 4 people. These are suitable for larger groups. King rooms are still available.

Booking links are on the home page of the website.
Brian Stevenson
VRRA Member

Re: AGM Hotel Bookings

Postby LysRoberts » Fri Oct 04, 2024 8:49 pm

I'd actually booked this myself earlier this week. The standard rates are cheaper than our discounted rates with the rooms in tower A.
Lyssa Roberts
VRRA Volunteer Coordinator
VRRAVolunteers@gmail.com
LysRoberts

Postby Jason Fitch » Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:48 am

Lyssa... Odd. I was curious what the rates were now....

I looked just now at what rates are following the link posted on the VRRA website and in the email sent and they are $249 for our group rate instead of the $169 rate that was supposed to be good until Oct 08. :? Is it just me?

I already booked a hotel room at the $169 rate mentioned on the VRRA website and email.
Just thought I'd share in case others see this. Something does not seem correct.
Jason Fitch

Postby Brian Stevenson » Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:34 am

Jason. I looked into this

I believe - and you need to confirm with Sarah - that the current blocks of rooms at the special rate that she was able to negotiate are now sold out.

It now just presents you with rooms that are regularly priced if you click on the link. So yes its correct as there are no cheap rooms left.

I'm not sure if she can get more at the special price or not. I suspect since its the weekend she wont know until Monday.

I don't think she is a member of the Forum but I believe she active on Facebook so you may be able to contact her there
Brian Stevenson
VRRA Member

Postby LysRoberts » Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:04 pm

Jason Fitch wrote:Lyssa... Odd. I was curious what the rates were now....

I looked just now at what rates are following the link posted on the VRRA website and in the email sent and they are $249 for our group rate instead of the $169 rate that was supposed to be good until Oct 08. :? Is it just me?

I already booked a hotel room at the $169 rate mentioned on the VRRA website and email.
Just thought I'd share in case others see this. Something does not seem correct.

I just looked up Home2Suites (tower B, attached I believe by the restaurant) on Hotels.com and it's showing the suites available for $157.
Lyssa Roberts
VRRA Volunteer Coordinator
VRRAVolunteers@gmail.com
LysRoberts

Return to General Discussion