Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Technically Speaking:

Too cheap to buy race gas

Bike preparation, class eligibility, technical questions.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Too cheap to buy race gas

Postby gary holden » Thu May 11, 2023 4:41 pm

From Ultramar's website:

"Do we add ethanol to our Ultramar gasoline?
We follow Canada's Clean Fuel Standards (Federal and Provincial regulations) and are pleased to offer our customers lower-carbon fuel options where available. All Ultramar service stations sell 87 Octane fuel, which contains up to 10% ethanol, except in Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and the Quebec City region, where 87 Octane fuel is still ethanol-free. For 91 Octane fuel, all regions have up to 10% ethanol content except for the Provinces of Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, and New Brunswick, where 91 Octane fuel is still ethanol-free. We indicate on the pump or by the grade selectors if the gasoline does not contain ethanol or contains up to 10% ethanol."

Independent scientific testing (by me) at Ultramar gas stations in Alexandria, On. and St.Isidore, On. in the last few days has confirmed that Ultramar Supreme sold there does not contain ethanol. Comes from Quebec, I guess. So far, 25 years+, my Fizzers have been happy on 91 octane, no-ethanol, hassle-free pump gas. I hope it can be found for the foreseeable future.
Half-fast Racing 401
gary holden
VRRA Member

Return to Technically Speaking: