Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Technically Speaking:

Exhaust update

Bike preparation, class eligibility, technical questions.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Re: Exhaust update

Postby Michael Vinten » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:03 pm

I agree with Ashton; a lot of effort goes into keeping the schedule going but we have no control over weather or accidents, just two of the many things that can affect schedules.

Have you ever spent an hour or two in the tower? If not then I doubt you can appreciate what goes on behind the scenes to run an event.

As to noise, the local requirements are beyond our control. Noise bylaws apply to most tracks, some have just not been enforced. It is short sighted to abuse the noise regulations as we could easily end up with nowhere to race.
Mike #19
Michael Vinten
Tech Committee

Postby Ashton Bond » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:16 pm

The reality of the situation is we already are in that boat, we're just a good customer who have chosen to give back to the communities we visit. EVERY track we visit has a noise ordinance clause. Ignorant and abusive attitudes will get them enforced in a hurry.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby andyman64 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:52 pm

wil reverse cone mega,s be banned at shannonville and mosport is my question? and as for bike safety there are still a few out there that i wouldn,t ride around the pit,s let alone on the track although the club as a whole has come a long way. as for racing schedule i,ll be bringing our bike to the pregrid with warmers and a generator until i see that the time between last horn is blown and the riders actually enter the track. on p4 bikes running slicks with warmers this is an extreme safety issue going on track with cold tyres is not an option!
andyman64

Postby Ashton Bond » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:56 pm

Were you at Calabogie where we tested the live timing? You can track, in real time, down to the minute when your group is going out. The club spent thousands to update our equipment to make that permanent in 2017.

As for the exhaust, every open pipe, reverse cone or otherwise puts every non-negotiable contract in jeaparody for the other 348 members who are willing to make concessions to continue racing. The basis by which you make decisions on the historical accuracy of your machinery are yours alone, and I'm not judging them. But if the outcome of those decisions is to maintain an unrestricted noise level, please stay home. You're risking everyone's ability to race based on you're personal needs, and we have no ability (neither do the tracks) to reduce those risks.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby Ashton Bond » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:02 pm

Secondarily, the club spends thousands of dollars per year in bookings, insurances, and mentoring opportunities to give the membership every opportunity to increase their abilities and these schools and practices are oversubscribed at every opportunity. Saying we're not concentrating on rider safety and efficiency is simply ignorant, and worse, flat out insulting to the thousands of hours your peers have spent on those efforts.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby Ashton Bond » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Slicks and warmers are an option you choose to undertake. Your decisions are absolutely no more or less important than the ones your fellow members are making, including the decision to make your warm up lap count, and using discretion in your first racing lap. The VRRA doesn't owe you or anyone else (myself included) any more or less consideration based on your individual choices of equipment. Your P4 hot slicks are exactly equal in consideration to the P1 biases, and their opportunity at a quality track experience.

You're right about one thing, the club will never make a change to put one member's on track experience above another's. If you want to drag around a generator and put your machinery on stands, you're welcome to do so, but there's a less than zero % chance that anything short of exactly the time required to accommodate the session ahead of yours will be considered.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby rgvmike » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:58 pm

And Cue Mic Drop.
4 wheels is just 2 wheels too many.
rgvmike

Postby andyman64 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:54 am

WOW not only have you completely misunderstood my comments but you also shown your complete lack of tact and communication have you been taking lessons from your president? we will be there with nice quite mufflers so as not to offend your soooo sensitive ears!i think you might have picked the wrong hobby though yours is environmentally unfriendly you know firing two wheeled missiles off into the forest every weekend your bound to hurt the wild life see you on pre grid i,ll be the one with the stands and warmers and generator you know the professional way!

ps theres your f#$king mic drop!
andyman64

Postby Peter Balfour » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:24 am

andyman64 a little hint, if you want to have a constructive conversation here lose the attitude. The people who run this club are all volunteers and work hard to make our club the awesome one it is. If you don't like something volunteer to make it better, firing out criticisms and insults will not fix anything and is just a reflection of character.

Sorry, but our forum is a very friendly place for members to share ideas, there is no room for negative posts like this.
'71 BSA B50 P1-500
‘84 Yamaha FJ600
Peter Balfour
Tech Committee

Postby andyman64 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:00 pm

i am extremely grateful for the hard work of the volunteers and i would love to volunteer myself if i had the time have you seen how many bikes i have to take care of ? my position as mechanic for the hurst brothers is a volunteer position i do because of my love for the sport and the friend ship and camaraderie we have! i,ll try and be a bit more tactful next time sorry if i offended anyone!
andyman64

Postby Ashton Bond » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:27 pm

Good luck with your season Andrew.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby pacomotorstuff » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Wow, didn't realize that the "Assholes R Us" franchise could post on the VRRA site.
... And, you know who I'm talking about...
Pat
pacomotorstuff
VRRA Member

Postby Justind97 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:16 pm

pacomotorstuff wrote:Wow, didn't realize that the "Assholes R Us" franchise could post on the VRRA site.
... And, you know who I'm talking about...
Pat

I thought Peter was a nice guy?!! :lol:
Justind97

Postby moose » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:26 pm

You guys are making me scared.

WTB stock exhaust for GS 1000. Price is un-important as long as they are quiet. :lol:
505 Moose

'80 GS 1000
'75 T 500
'73 Batavus
moose

Postby thelittleguy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:33 am

thank goodness Ashton has Arsehole proof thick skin.
Luckily arseholes are few and far between in the club or volunteers like Ashton and co would be running back to their normal lives .
Type with respect and think before you hit send.
Steve Brown
thelittleguy
VRRA Member

PreviousNext

Return to Technically Speaking: