Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Endurance Racing

A few things learned from this weekend

Discussion regarding all things endurance racing!

A few things learned from this weekend

Postby kirbster » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:58 am

OK - i want to thank the riders and volunteers for a fantastic endurance race!
2 full hours of racing action- only 1 incident - no red flags and a very close finish!
Congratulations to all teams - great work!

Now on to some nitty gritty detail type stuff.

1. I realized that while you have entered a class (Light, Medium, Heavy, Pre 72) , that does not tell me the machine you are riding and where it then falls within our handicap system. The handicap can play a role in teh actual results (it did this weekend in heavyweight).

2. I don't know your team names - I know some- mostly if you used a score sheet - I only received 10 for the 25 entries.

3. I don't know how many riders you actually used in the race- important! Having registered is not the same as riding.

At the next endurance riders meeting i want all captains to come to me with this information. I will prepare a sheet that you can quickly fill out and pass around.

Now for some bad news- I saw a lot of fire extinguishers that - after reviewing the rule book- were not suitable for the job. This will result in penalties for next round so please review and get yourself the correct
type and size according to the rule book (this is where you go and read the entire endurance section of the rule book). I may have to come up with a method of approving these prior to the race.

Again- a great race this past weekend and really looking forward to Calabogie!
Kirby Crosby VRRA #252
kirbster

Return to Endurance Racing