Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Endurance Racing

Round 4 Endurance Results + Season Totals

Discussion regarding all things endurance racing!

Round 4 Endurance Results + Season Totals

Postby Ravo74 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:20 am

See;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... AL/pubhtml

I've also included at the bottom of the Season Totals the overall standings. These are not official, and not particularly meaningful as Period handicaps differ between classes. It's there for interest only

Let me know if you spot any inaccuracies. Much of the process is still manual, and subject to operator error.
Ravo74

Re: Round 4 Endurance Results + Season Totals

Postby livetoride21 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:19 am

Good morning,
I just looked at the endurance results today and noticed that we were awarded 2nd place in Heavyweight endurance even with being a lap ahead on a bike of the same period (period 5).
We should have been awarded 1st place.

How is it that the riders in 2nd place were given a bonus on us?
There are not to be any bonus points to be awarded to those running an f2 bike in an f1 class per the endurance rules written by the rider whos team is being awarded those bonus points.
Kevin Renshaw #916
livetoride21

Postby livetoride21 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:36 am

Scratch the above, just saw your spreadsheet attached,
Really we were deducted for a power wheelie on a 900+ CC vtwin and a very small celebratory burnout in the pits in a safe space?

I am contesting these deductions.
Kevin Renshaw #916
livetoride21

Postby Ravo74 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:44 am

Good morning Kevin,

Please review Rule 12m;

"Failure to Ride in a Responsible Manner is defined as reckless/dangerous behaviour, failure to provide racing space, failure to pass safely, wheelies, burnouts, delaying the start or unsportsmanlike conduct on the track. Race officials can report instances of failure to ride in a responsible manner and it does not require another competitor to lodge a protest to initiate an investigation. The penalty will range from a time penalty added to the race time, disqualification from the race through to suspension from one or more VRRA events. "

The decision to apply penalties for the above infractions came directly from race control. Dave Laporte and I both declared a conflict of interest, and had no say in the decision making process.
Ravo74

Postby livetoride21 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:31 pm

I was not aware that race control were the ones scoring endurance and applying points penalties, that's the first I've ever heard of that and frankly I find it hard to believe they made the decision to deduct 4 laps on their own if they did in fact make that decision.

Also I am well aware that both wheelies and burnouts are technically against the rules.

However, many, many times have both been done visibly with no penalty being given.
What is the definition of a wheelie on track? Because if we are going to give penalties for power wheelies, they should be given to all riders lifting a wheel. How many times are there wheelies on a start or coming out of a turn? Why are they not penalized?
If we are going to enforce rules, they need to be enforced on all riders at all times.
I also find it highly unlikely that race control were the ones that spotted literally a 5 second burnout under a tent.

The only other time I have seen a rider penalized for a burnout was when a rider stopped after turn 1 at mosport and did a huge burnout on a live track. That was indeed very irresponsable.

If were going to enforce rules, they need to be enforced consistantly.
Also, we could not keep the wheel down in practice while shaking out the bike, and were never given any warning at all, nor were we advised after the race that we had done anything wrong.
Kevin Renshaw #916
livetoride21

Postby Davelaporte221 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:55 pm

Kevin,

Infractions are documented and come from the Race Director, the Competition Coordinator and the Pit Lane marshals.

The penalties are levied by the Race Director or the CC and may also be modified or increased by the Endurance Coordinator.

In this case you received the minimum penalty assessed for any infraction.

You have the right to appeal to the CC who will convene the Competition Committee for review.

As there is no dispute of the facts, the only possible appeal is the level of the penalty.

As the penalty assessed was the minimum, the penalty would not be lowered. Any review runs the risk of an increased penalty as your actions could have had serious consequences and could be considered to be damaging to the property.

Dave
Dave “THE DOOR” #221
88 Hawk NT650
99 GSXR SRAD 600
96 CBR600 F3
97 ZX7R
Davelaporte221

Postby livetoride21 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:03 pm

Dave, I invite you to actually take the time to read my post above and comment .
I asked questions, those questions deserve answers.
Kevin Renshaw #916
livetoride21

Postby Davelaporte221 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:14 pm

Kevin,

I read your posts in both forums.

At the end I have given you your options.

I am not aware of or been involved in any other similar instances. In the end, only your actions are being penalized and correctly according to our rules.

Dave
Dave “THE DOOR” #221
88 Hawk NT650
99 GSXR SRAD 600
96 CBR600 F3
97 ZX7R
Davelaporte221

Return to Endurance Racing