Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Endurance Racing

Round 1 Endurance REVISED Race Results

Discussion regarding all things endurance racing!

Round 1 Endurance REVISED Race Results

Postby Ravo74 » Tue May 28, 2024 11:06 am

See;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... AL/pubhtml

The results have been revised from the spreadsheet published on Friday afternoon, as there was an error in the calculation of the final mileage. My apologies to #933 Muttley Crew, and #738 Team KZ for not being able to stand on the podium on Sunday afternoon.
Ravo74

Re: Round 1 Endurance REVISED Race Results

Postby kirbster » Wed May 29, 2024 2:38 pm

Just looking over the results.
Congrats on a clean race.

Why is a p3M in heavyweight , did they choose that? (normally that would be a middleweight class)
I think you have WCR lite and WCR swapped (just team names I believe)

The column for mileage adjustment- this is for when teams end on the same lap in the same class and is only used in that specific instance?
Doesn't that technically remove points earned by the team with no way to recover them?
What if handicaps already make the adjustment? No need for this in that case?

The old system was applied to finishing positions every time and was additive rather than deductive.
This could play a role if teams are close at the end of a season. as it is deductive with no way to get those "earned" points back..

Thanks- just trying to get a grip on the new rules.
Kirby Crosby VRRA #252
kirbster

Postby Ravo74 » Wed May 29, 2024 4:20 pm

It indeed was a clean race - no red flags, and zero incidents. Well done by all the teams

P3M is in heavyweight as that's the class they chose. Same as WCR ran a P5F2 in Heavyweight by choice.

Yes, WCR and WCR LIGHT team names were swapped. Thanks for pointing that out. It's been corrected.

Mileage adjustment is only applied for teams in the same class that finish on the same lap. The second place team gets half a lap deducted as that's how far behind they would have been (on average) when the checkered flag dropped at the two hour mark. It's all explained in the revised rulebook - see Section 8, page 46.
Ravo74

Postby kirbster » Thu May 30, 2024 7:16 am

Ravo74 wrote:It indeed was a clean race - no red flags, and zero incidents. Well done by all the teams

P3M is in heavyweight as that's the class they chose. Same as WCR ran a P5F2 in Heavyweight by choice.

Yes, WCR and WCR LIGHT team names were swapped. Thanks for pointing that out. It's been corrected.

Mileage adjustment is only applied for teams in the same class that finish on the same lap. The second place team gets half a lap deducted as that's how far behind they would have been (on average) when the checkered flag dropped at the two hour mark. It's all explained in the revised rulebook - see Section 8, page 46.

I see that deduction strategy having some potential to cause grief over the season.
As we only count whole laps completed if points are close the deduction could have an impact on the team in a way that there is no way to compensate for.

As the previous finishing position points were always tabulated- it means there is always a way to gain them back just by finishing better.
The new method - as it is not always applied- and is deductive rather than additive- means that there is not always an opportunity to gain it back.
Also - if two teams have the same number of laps but one team has a handicap - I assume this rule would also not be applied as their handicap already created a non tie?

Thanks!
Kirby Crosby VRRA #252
kirbster

Postby Davelaporte221 » Thu May 30, 2024 7:41 am

Mileage adjustment is applied on bikes finishing with the same total laps before handicap.

The higher finisher is at the flag.

All others in the same class on the same lap are moved back.

In the big picture, this is insignificant over 4 events.
Dave “THE DOOR” #221
88 Hawk NT650
99 GSXR SRAD 600
96 CBR600 F3
97 ZX7R
Davelaporte221

Postby Ravo74 » Thu May 30, 2024 12:58 pm

The mileage adjustment is meant to accurately reflect the actual number of laps (miles/kilometers) done by each team.

The previous bonus system rather arbitrarily assigned bonus mileage to teams strictly based on finishing position, without regarding to race time, distance or lap length. That system exaggerated the difference between teams (by assigning too many miles to higher placed finishers) making it more difficult for lower placing teams to make up the mileage in subsequent races.
Ravo74

Postby Brian Stevenson » Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:34 am

Just an FYI.

Most companies do not permit access to Google Docs. Look at the developer console in your browser the next time you connect and see what they are uploading from your PC.

Is there any chance of posting it on the forum?
Brian Stevenson
VRRA Member

Postby Ravo74 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:52 pm

For those that can't access the Google Docs version, you can find a copy here;

https://motorcycletrackdays.ca/vrra/

Brian: Can you explain the security issues regarding Google Docs?
Ravo74

Postby Brian Stevenson » Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:33 am

Hi Ravo. Most big companies are paranoid, and rightly so, about IP leakage. It costs them billions and its not just stuff going to China so they tend to lock everything down. I do stuff for Ericsson AB, Bell Labs and Verizon they even install software on your PC that even locks down the USB ports so you can't copy anything off.

Google Drive and Google Docs makes this easy, whether people are doing it deliberately and copying information there that they will pass it onto someone else later, or just being not too bright and storing corporate data where others can see it. So they just block access. Google also have access to every byte that's in their storage. I've done work for Verizon, AT&T, Ericsson, China Telecom, KT, and they all do it, as do many large corporations.
I'm not suggesting that they would be interested in our endurance results, but if I work for Verizon, which I do, I'm not accessing Google anything from that secured device.

Their other concern is that Google mine the cache in a users PC for any information that they can sell. Google don't actually write Chrome, they just take an opensource thing called Chromium and put their brand and all the data mining stuff in it. If there is something sensitive then they have full access to it. You can see the data going back to their servers. If you ever apply for a job at Google they look at your entire history stored on the PC and if you ever searched for Trump in the last 10 years, even by accident, you are not getting an interview :D

The other issue why they block it is contractual. AT&T have a Strategic Partnership with AWS for Edge and VPC so they can't have their employees accessing Google from their corporate devices.

For some strange reason Google are the Boogeyman when it comes to this but its a situation they put themselves in.
Brian Stevenson
VRRA Member

Postby Team707 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:38 am

Hi all, is there an overall podium for endurance races or just the class results?
Team707

Postby kirbster » Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:37 am

Team707 wrote:Hi all, is there an overall podium for endurance races or just the class results?

class only for awards- overall is not really a method under current rule structure.
Kirby Crosby VRRA #252
kirbster

Return to Endurance Racing