Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Endurance Racing

Bike substitution

Discussion regarding all things endurance racing!

Re: Bike substitution

Postby Dewey » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:07 am

Not on track, say at CTMP, scooter is sent out through the back 40 to Mosses where rider has hopped the fence with transponder from out of gas properly stored out of way bike.

pd
Roadracing motorcycles makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.
Peter S. Egan
Dewey
VRRA Member

Postby Davelaporte221 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:32 pm

Thanks for the comments so far.

I am trying to balance rider satisfaction (meaning track time) with purist competition.

Let’s consider this topic in the light of maximizing fun and not as a competitive advantage.

In that light, this means the bike either limps back to the pits, or comes back in a crash truck. In these cases, I would be inclined to allow a team to replace the machine with an equal or lesser bike with the approval of pit officials and notification to the Endurance Coordinator. This gets riders on track and the penalty of lost laps is significant enough. No other scenarios as there could be safety issues etc.

Substitutions for competitive strategy would not be allowed and would be contrary to the spirit of the rule. For example, if we had mixed weather and the bike goes out on rains only to find out the rain is only in the pits, no bike substitution to a bike on dry tires. This would be a competitive advantage for the teams with backup bikes.

Keep the discussion going.

THE DOOR#221
Dave “THE DOOR” #221
88 Hawk NT650
99 GSXR SRAD 600
96 CBR600 F3
97 ZX7R
Davelaporte221

Postby stevebem » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:47 pm

kirbster wrote:I also agree………
However…………
This is club racing. Which means the focus should be on having fun.
Not much that’s less fun than watching an endurance race from the pits when your bike expired/crashed/got taken out (not for dinner!).

Roger Kirby. There's a line in the movie Full Metal Jacket, "You talk the talk, do you walk the walk?"

Since I will be trying endurance racing for the first time this year, feel free to mercilessly use that line anytime I deserve it! :lol:
Steve Bem
Pre65/P1 CB72
P2 MWT CB400f
stevebem

Postby akipin » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:24 am

Team On The Verge is not opposed to this proposal
but we're not going to bother planning for it. We're not
that serious. If the bike expires early, we'll pack up and
crack our beer a bit earlier 8)

Cheers,
Andre
818 Team On The Verge
akipin

Postby woody » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:08 am

so the idea was out there that each rider can use his own bike and just switch transponders in the pits is this a working scenario how does this affect class ...help please ! woody
woody

Postby kirbster » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:13 am

Woody-
This is a different topic.

But we do have tag team as a separate class for Calabogie. All lumped into one- with no handicaps. It’s on track finish only - like modern lightweight.
As a trial.
But you are scored separately from the other standard classes as this is technically a competitive advantage.

Cost is the same. So make sure you register for the correct class and ensure all information is recorded on your endurance form that you will hand in Friday morning before registration closes.
Kirby
Kirby Crosby VRRA #252
kirbster

Postby aburns113 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:11 pm

So at Calabogie Team Shouldercheck 2.0 could have finished the race with a different bike? I wish I had known that...
Alan Burns
Team Shoulder Check 2.0
2020, 2021, 2022 Modern Lightweight Endurance Champions
http://www.facebook.com/adbracing
aburns113

Postby kirbster » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:35 pm

aburns113 wrote:So at Calabogie Team Shouldercheck 2.0 could have finished the race with a different bike? I wish I had known that...

We intended to cover this at riders meeting as a one off for the 3 hour.
But because we did not manage to cover it- we stuck with the standard rules in the rule book.

My apologies for any misunderstanding.
Kirby Crosby VRRA #252
kirbster

Previous

Return to Endurance Racing