Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Projects

P2 Heavy Project

NEW! This section is where we can show off our new bike projects!

Moderator: Michael Vinten

P2 Heavy Project

Postby Curtis » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:21 pm

I had put my CB 750 for sale, but after a bunch of tire kickers and low ballers, I decided to keep it, and start slowly (very slowly) converting it to a P2 Heavy race bike.

Starting off with a 1972 CB 750

added ribbed side covers ( because i had already ordered them )

I had this fairing as well, but I will fiberglass the headlight hole closed to run the numbers on the front

Clip ons were added, as well as rear sets will be ordered in the next little while

Plans for the motor are as follows:

810 kit
Cycle X racing cam
Cycle X 4 into 2 into 1 exhaust

Bike will be very simple with next to nothing removed, the whole plan is to have this bike be able to be converted back to street use simply by installing lights that i have already on the shelf.
Curtis

Re: P2 Heavy Project

Postby mixstup » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:09 am

Hi Curtis

Great to see another P2 Heavy bike out there, but the rules state that you cannot run an 810cc kit as the displacement has to be 750cc plus 5% overbore.Cycle X ,I think sell high dome,high compression 750cc pistons.

all the best

mick :D
member#1400 race#75
Thanks to Denis and Byron at CMR Racing Products , Phil Havens and all at Thornbury Home Hardware and Jim Keast
mixstup

Postby Martin426 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:19 am

Nice Curtis... The more the merrier :D

If I may suggest one note of caution regarding your planned engine upgrades; 2011 rules for P2 Heavy states the following... "Cylinders may be overbored to give a maximum engine displacement of 5% over each engine limit."

Scott
1970 CR750 replica - P2H
1979 RCB1000 replica - P3H | Endurance
1988 RC31 - P4F3
Member #1431
Race #6
Martin426

Postby Curtis » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Fair enough, ;)

Heres where I sit today, god that seat has to go

I went and had a few drinks last night, got a pretty good glow on, and decided I needed to paint some stuff... hehehe

The tank and side covers got painted, the tank badges were painted red to match the pin striping that will be added to the tank, as well as the rear fender is red.

What does the rules say about a seat? Is a bum stop mandatory, or will a stock recovered seat suffice? Is it a safety thing?

Curtis
Curtis

Postby Bob Smith » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:01 pm

Don't thing a bumstop is a requirement, but I believe the rear of the seat must extend to the rear axle.

Leave the rear portion upholstered and some passenger pegs, we could sell pillion rides during parade laps a la Mamola....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycR-06bw5SY&feature=related

Bob
Bob
When in doubt, give it gas. It may not help the situation, but it will end the suspense!
Bob Smith
VRRA Member

Postby Curtis » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:56 pm

Got bored, ripped the old cover and foam off, the pan is in pretty tough shape, so i grabbed the can of expando foam and started building up a rear bump, when its fully dry i will shave it down, cover in varathane, then bondo and shape it, then it will be shot white to match the tank.

Cheap and hillbilly ish ? Yes, but there are tons of seats available on the internet for sale
Curtis

Postby Curtis » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Still waiting on parts, so i dug up some old red pinstripe tape and went to town.

Surprisingly that took about an hour and a half to get them set up right and straight...

I will be clearing over them once more time when the Honda emblems are finished...
Curtis

Postby jeffaski » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:20 am

hey dennis is that the stuff you got from me?
looking good
jeff
jeffaski

Return to Projects