Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Trading Post - Bikes for sale! Street bikes

1965 YJ2 Yamaha 60cc Street Bike

Moderator: Michael Vinten

1965 YJ2 Yamaha 60cc Street Bike

Postby pacomotorstuff » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:20 am

Hi everybody,
I guess I'm following Ken's good example and trying to downsize some projects and get rid of stuff I no longer have a use for.
On the vein of projects, I have a 1965 - not a 1964 like I first thought (found the S/N search on Wed) - Yamaha YJ2 60cc street bike.
All original, was bought back in the '70's at the PK Motorsports auction in Hamilton and landed with me awhile ago.
The DPO had let the chain get sloppy and never oiled it; when it broke, it took out the external shift mechanism, which I've slowly rebuilt with NOS parts. The engine turns over and the carb was cleaned a couple of years back and I was able to find the correct high pipe exhaust system for it.
It needs the final assembly and adjustment of the shifter, a throttle twistgrip, battery and battery cover and probably a couple of cables.
Certainly restorable - the finish is still good enough that we were going to run it in the original orange-red colour and the tank is remarkably good for a 50-year old part. Mechanical parts are still readily available for the bike.
It was going to be our pit bike and we even thought about getting it streetable again (I don't have an ownership but I will write a receipt with the frame # on it) but after getting into way too many close calls with my street legal Kaw 100, a 60cc bike on today's roads is not for me.
$350.00 firm. If it doesn't sell, I'll keep working on it (slowly LOL)
I have some photos I can email anyone who is interested and will try to post a couple of photos when I get back from the bike show today.
Thanks for looking.
Pat Cowan,
pacomotorstuff@cogeco.ca
pacomotorstuff
VRRA Member

Return to Street bikes