Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Trading Post - Bikes for sale! Street bikes

'67 T120R Bonneville nearing completion

Moderator: Michael Vinten

'67 T120R Bonneville nearing completion

Postby Dave Jones » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:30 am

As a boy I had plenty of challenges graduating from a bicycle and public transport to get to school each day. theses came in the form of British motorcycles, and included BSA B31, Ariel 4, Matchless twin models, after the Harley Hummer originally purchased the day before I turned 16. A Triumph was always on my wish list, as they where star performers in their day, expensive and hard to come by. This Bonny was bought, barely running 20 years ago, the extended front end and chrome parts, pin striping, and aluminum oil tank where all signs of enthusiastic ownership,, and perhaps a quicker stop than provided by the powerful twin leading shoe brake fitted. The left lock stop was bent back, and forks and front wheel replaced, but otherwise the frame was undamaged except for some broke tabs on the chromed tail section. So I have spent 20 years finding usable parts at vintage events and on websites. The correct forks, oil tank and battery box, rear stainless fender, exhaust, seat and many other parts are there as well as new fork tubes, pistons, exhaust, belt primary drive, Boyer ignition, correct front wheel, new seat cover, original carbs, late style push rod tubes and new shocks are there, on or with the bike, and all it needs is buffing up, and perhaps repainting the 2 1/2 gallon tank by someone wanting it their own way or bent on completing it to original appearance and spec. I can send lots of photos, as I complete the wiring and get it running, for sale, as I no longer ride much. If you want to buy it, contact me at netdavejones@aim.com negotiable price dependent on your appreciation.

-I will discuss price and final spec at length with a truly interested buyer.
Dave Jones

Return to Street bikes