Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Trading Post - Bikes for sale! Street bikes

Looking for a project.. under 300ccs!

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Looking for a project.. under 300ccs!

Postby Cheezus » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:50 pm

Well, I'm a new member on this board, but I've known about/been interested in the VRRA for quite some time, only problem is I don't have a bike.. nor the experience.

At this point, I'm looking at ANY bike under 300ccs, I am not looking to spend a whole lot, so that probably limits my purchase to a project bike, or something old and dumpy. Initially I was looking for a Honda CB/CL 160/175/200, but have had almost no luck after searching for the better part of the last year + a few months, so an old Honda twin would definitely be something I'd be very interested in, but at this point I'll look at anything 300ccs or under, 2 stroke or 4 stroke, as long as it's a street bike and I have some way of getting the ownership. While I am looking at a project bike, my skills are still limited as I've only been able to go as far as doing a lot of research into Honda twins/anything else that caught my interest, but have never actually touched a bike mechanically so part of this is getting myself experienced with a wrench, but that does also mean that I don't have the means to do heavy frame modifications, adapt different forks and swingarms and fab up mounts or brackets.

The reason I'm looking for under 300ccs is because of insurance, at my age/exp I'm going to be paying a lot for anything, but paying $2200 for minimum coverage on a CB 350 is something I'm not willing to do. Sorry for the long post. My phone number is 647 - 680 - 1750, name is Michael and you can call after 12pm on Weekends and after 3pm on Weekdays, you can also email me at arthraxis@gmail.com ~ To which I'll reply asap, email is always up so I see whenever I get something new, or you can just PM me here/post in this thread, whatever works.
Cheezus

Re: Looking for a project.. under 300ccs!

Postby racerdude413 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:17 am

Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Re: Looking for a project.. under 300ccs!

Postby Cheezus » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Bump, found a bike then sold again, just looking for a Honda CB100/125/160 right now, maybe a 175 as well.
Cheezus

Return to Street bikes