Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Trading Post - Bikes for sale! Race Bikes

P3 Sidecar for sale - GS1100 powered

Moderator: Michael Vinten

P3 Sidecar for sale - GS1100 powered

Postby livetoride21 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:28 am

Well, after lots of thought and deliberation, I’ve decided to sell the sidecar rig and focus on racing solo bikes next season. I Truly had a great time riding the rig, but with the amount of classes I like to run it is just too much to keep moving.

Bill Quail and I had a great season on this rig, starting and finishing every single race which netted us a 2nd overall for the season.

The rig is a period 3 eligible outfit with the original builders origin unknown. It is a semi-monocoque with the main frame built out of sheet-metal sometime in the early 80s.

It is powered by a very healthy Suzuki GSX1100 engine. I have not opened it up so I cannot confirm specifically what is in it, but it runs very strong and pulls hard.

Tires are three Nangkang NS2-R 175-50-13 with one season on them. The front has some abnormal wear on it because of a fairing mounting issue we experienced at Mosport, but otherwise they will likely be good for another season .

Brakes are five AP-Lockheed calipers with fresh pads all around this season. Front end has 1 caliper controlled by front brake lever, all other calipers are linked to one foot brake. New Wilwood master this season.

Swingarm was damaged at the last round due to sprocket bolts coming loose (live and learn) and has been rebuilt and reinforced.

If you are interested in getting on a P3 sidecar outfit, it is a great way to start. Obviously there is no “perfect” outfit, but we were able to have a very successful first season out on it and look forward to getting back on a rig sometime in the future.

Please message for pricing and details.

Hope someone in the club wants to get in on the sidecar game, as I would much rather this stay up in Eastern Canada being that imported it back from San Antonio Texas!
Kevin Renshaw #916
livetoride21

Return to Race Bikes