Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Trading Post - Bikes for sale! Race Bikes

1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 Project

Moderator: Michael Vinten

1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000 Project

Postby darlington » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:12 am

This bike was obviously originally built for the track in mind but now needs some TLC to get it to the track.
Frame; braced under tank and across front down tubes. Rear shocks can be layed down with extra upper mounts.Painted grey.
Swingarm stock with bracing.
Motor ; KZ 1000 cases and head. 900 crank ( lighter), 900 cylinders.
Head: modified for big cam clearance and uses shim under buckets. Cams are .410 lift and so the pistons are likely wiseco 1015cc with deeper valve pockets for valve clearance. The motor passes the leak down test fine and the previous owner stated the bike was very fast.
Front brakes: gremica dual piston front calipers with steel braided brake lines.
The bodywork includes seat , tank and tail, original brownish red ,tank is clean inside with new petcock.
$2000 for the above.
Original wheels were retained by previous owner and I can include a set of green 1983 GPZ 750 wheels $350 or possible other wheels.
Add $250 for 4 into 1 exhaust
Add $150 for 34mm CV carbs.
Here is a great opportunity to have a period correct original superbike at a fraction of the cost of what it takes to build one from scratch.
Steve 613-283-0159
teamkz@rogers.com
I specialize in Kawasaki air cooled 4 strokes from the seventies and early eighties 550-1100 .I also network with others and can search for parts on your behalf .
darlington
VRRA Member

Return to Race Bikes