Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Trading Post - Bikes for sale! Race Bikes

For Sale: 1988 Honda NT650 Hawk Racebike/Track day Bike

Moderator: Michael Vinten

For Sale: 1988 Honda NT650 Hawk Racebike/Track day Bike

Postby larry » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:32 pm

This bike was a regular competitor in the VRRA P4 F3 class during the 2009-2010 seasons and was quick enough to compete for top 10 positions.
-Bike was purchased from Paul Scotti in 2008. Grant Yake owned it before him. Both used it as a track day bike.
-Engine was rebuilt. Work included cooling modifications (fabricated a “tee” pipe for routing a dedicated coolant hose for the rear cylinder. modified (reinforced) the camchain tensioners and also degreed the cams. Also reinstalled the starter and battery charging system, so I didn’t have to bump start the bike
-Bike was in the hands of my brother Phil Marion (VRRA #97) the last few years who disassembled and rebuilt the Hawk in his usual meticulous manner. Plans were to race the bike himself but life intervened!
- Brand new clutch installed
- Factory Pro Supersport carb recalibration (Jetting) kit
- K&N mono Air filters
-The bike had a 1988 Suzuki GSXR 750 front end (forks, brakes and wheel) and a Honda VFR 750 rear
  wheel assembly
- Fox Shock on the rear end
- WP Steering Damper
- RC30 tail section (needs some finish work)
- 2000 Honda CBR 600 upper fairing (not mounted)
Lots of spares including a near complete (not assembled) stock Hawk engine (working on a list of parts)

For pix or more info contact me at kmarion53@hotmail.com or phone or text me at (905)259-4646
History is just one damn thing after another.
larry
VRRA Member

Return to Race Bikes