Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Trading Post - Bikes for sale! Race Bikes

1981 KZ/GPZ 550

Moderator: Michael Vinten

1981 KZ/GPZ 550

Postby darlington » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:43 pm

I recently built this bike. The bike started off as a 1981 KZ 550. I took it down to the frame and had it sand blasted.I then had the frame braced at the swingarm pivot and had the triple trees braced. I modified the rear of the frame to carry the master cylinder for the rear disk brake. The wheels are from a 82 GPZ 550.The suspension is 81 GPZ 550 (36mm) up front and mullholland rear shocks, forks have stiffer springs,new oil /seals.New superbike bars and had the seat professionally reshaped and recovered.The motor is a KZ 550 motor with 81 gpz 550 cams and oil pan/oil cooler.Passed the leak down and compression test well .Carbs are stock KZ with 120 mains( a little rich ,116 would be better) Exhaust is a customized wolf. The bike has a fabricated belly pan between the engine and the pipe which is required for racing. Comes with an ownership. The bike still has the wiring harness and the parts for the street such as turn signals and tail light will go with it.
I have alot of time invested into it .These bikes make great race bikes. Avon Am 18 race tires. Great looking bike ( black with red pin stripes, red wheels). Email me for pictures teamkz@rogers.com
The price is $ 3000 firm. Steve 613-283-0159
--------------------------------------------
with the intention to be used as a race bikeas either a race bike or street bike
I specialize in Kawasaki air cooled 4 strokes from the seventies and early eighties 550-1100 .I also network with others and can search for parts on your behalf .
darlington
VRRA Member

Return to Race Bikes