Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Trading Post - Bikes for sale! Race Bikes

WTB: End of Season Bikes for Sale

Moderator: Michael Vinten

WTB: End of Season Bikes for Sale

Postby terryjj1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:19 am

Hi

If you think you may be selling your bike at the end of this season, please let me know. I will be in the market for a bike for next years season. Please indicate class, price, location of bike and lots of pictures would be nice too. If you could also indicate what it may need for repairs etc. Something local would be easier but willing to travel within a reasonable distance.

thank you
Last edited by terryjj1 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
No number...
terryjj1

Re: End of Season Bikes for Sale

Postby LA LA » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:25 am

Best idea is to come out to the Mosport Round and look .. saw some bikes and gear for sale there
TEAM BOB RACING

"The object is not to win .. but to pass all the guys in front of you
"

BECAUSE ANYONE CAN BE A BOB
LA LA

Postby terryjj1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:27 am

yes, I will do that...just checking to see if anyone plans selling later in the year..I could also have a look see then too...I didn't really seed anything at shannonville..
No number...
terryjj1

Postby autofobe » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:25 am

The thing to do is just continue to save your money.Make sure you are at all the races,talk to racers,ask questions,look at the bikes & class they run in.Look at the size of the grids.Also the people you like to hang with & the bikes they race.(more fun to race with your friends)If you are not very mechanical,it helps to have a more reliable bike,or friends with knowledge of that model that might help you.The newer bikes from P3 on are easier to live with having electric start & CDI.Then you can make an informed decision on the class & type of bike you want to have. Armed with this information,in the fall you can post in the wanted section for the bike or the class you want.Most members here have three or four bikes hiding in the shed.You should have no problem finding what you are after.
Have fun :D
Brad
autofobe
VRRA Member

Re: WTB: End of Season Bikes for Sale

Postby Ashton Bond » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:35 am

I've considered selling my FZR 400/600 at the end of the season. Still not really 100% decided, but I've got this nagging twinge to build a twin... Something with high pipes...

Or a TZ250W, if one fell off a shelf somewhere...

Warning: This is a full-on very focused-built race bike, so if your looking for something soft-edged where you hit the started button and go play, this wouldn't be a good choice. It is however fully sorted, stone reliable, and constructed from top shelf suspension/chassis components. The motor is 100% YEC factory race kit components, and FULLY dyno developed. It would be sold as a full racing kit only. Stands and rains etc.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby terryjj1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:44 am

autofobe wrote:The thing to do is just continue to save your money.Make sure you are at all the races,talk to racers,ask questions,look at the bikes & class they run in.Look at the size of the grids.Also the people you like to hang with & the bikes they race.(more fun to race with your friends)If you are not very mechanical,it helps to have a more reliable bike,or friends with knowledge of that model that might help you.The newer bikes from P3 on are easier to live with having electric start & CDI.Then you can make an informed decision on the class & type of bike you want to have. Armed with this information,in the fall you can post in the wanted section for the bike or the class you want.Most members here have three or four bikes hiding in the shed.You should have no problem finding what you are after.
Have fun :D
Brad

three or four bikes in their sheds....they must be millionaires...I only want one...
No number...
terryjj1

Postby terryjj1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:47 am

Abond wrote:I've considered selling my FZR 400/600 at the end of the season. Still not really 100% decided, but I've got this nagging twinge to build a twin... Something with high pipes...

Or a TZ250W, if one fell off a shelf somewhere...

Warning: This is a full-on very focused-built race bike, so if your looking for something soft-edged where you hit the started button and go play, this wouldn't be a good choice. It is however fully sorted, stone reliable, and constructed from top shelf suspension/chassis components. The motor is 100% YEC factory race kit components, and FULLY dyno developed. It would be sold as a full racing kit only. Stands and rains etc.

i would be very interested in some pictures..if you have them please?
No number...
terryjj1

Postby Dewey » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:13 am

You could buy this right now and be on track at Mosport.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22651

pd
Roadracing motorcycles makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.
Peter S. Egan
Dewey
VRRA Member

Postby terryjj1 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:22 am

Found a bike... Thanks for all the responses
Check me out next season....
No number...
terryjj1

Postby Bob Smith » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:17 am

No pictures means it never happened Terry!
Bob
When in doubt, give it gas. It may not help the situation, but it will end the suspense!
Bob Smith
VRRA Member

Postby terryjj1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:48 pm

It's going to be a surprise...you'll have wait
until next year....I don't think anyone
is really that interested...it's just another bike
No number...
terryjj1

Postby Bob Smith » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:05 am

Fine, no pictures of my bike then. (do NOT look at my avatar!)
Bob
When in doubt, give it gas. It may not help the situation, but it will end the suspense!
Bob Smith
VRRA Member

Postby terryjj1 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:48 am

Don't be like that! May I have some pics of your
Bike please? I actually haven't picked it up
yet but, I'll give you a clue; it won the P3
Light championship...it's white... And fast

Well?

I just looked at your avatar! Excuse me while
I stick my head in a bucket of water!
No number...
terryjj1

Postby Dewey » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:07 pm

I want pics please, and details....I was going to buy "your" bike last year or the year before lol. Get it over to Justin's so I can come and spy!

pd
Roadracing motorcycles makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.
Peter S. Egan
Dewey
VRRA Member

Postby terryjj1 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:04 am

you're really not that far are you?...Justin has some new projects on the table right now....he is going to work on my bike next March to get it ready for Shannonville...my first race weekend...don't worry everyone..I shall be wearing a big orange vest with a sign that says "stay back 50 feet"...or is it meters...I would like to take it to him and get it started at least...I'm sure we can arrange a date and for a small fee you can view the proceedings...until then it will be stored in my garage and perhaps for the winter, at premiere cycle on Bentley drive...my garage isn't heated...lots of clean up and updates to current regulations will be needed...plus a few cosmetic changes I'd like to see\have...
No number...
terryjj1

Return to Race Bikes