Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Trading Post - Bikes for sale! Race Bikes

Price Reduced-Can-Am 400 Vintage Roadrace/MX Package $3000

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Price Reduced-Can-Am 400 Vintage Roadrace/MX Package $3000

Postby atlanticmetal » Fri May 01, 2015 11:35 am

https://picasaweb.google.com/1146290653 ... tb7ltemGMQ
1980 Can-Am MX6 400 Roadrace or vintage MX Package. I purchased the bike new in 1983 as a left-over. It was used for about three trail rides that year then I removed the engine and put it into an older Can-Am TNT chassis set up for roadracing. I raced it twice in 1984 with that chassis, at Daytona and Loudon. I then retired from roadracing, put the engine back in the dirt chassis and used it ocasionally for trail riding. The bike has seen enough dirt to almost wear out the original rear knobby, the front is like new. The MX chassis is about as close to mint as a dirt bike can get, with some stone chips on the frame and one small rip in the seat cover caused by my boot buckle. Engine still has standard bore and chain and sprockets are like new.
The bike is ready to race as a vintage roadracer, maybe with some fresh tires, or swap the engine back into the MX chassis and race vintage MX, or do a bit of detail work and display in a collection.
Sold with a valid New Brunswick off-road title, original tool kit and owners manual. Bike is located in New Brunswick, shipping/delivery possible. For photos, see the above picaasweb link above. For more info contact Frank Risteen at 506 5321071.
atlanticmetal

Return to Race Bikes