Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Trading Post - Bikes for sale! Race Bikes

1982 KZ 750E P3 Middle

Moderator: Michael Vinten

1982 KZ 750E P3 Middle

Postby darlington » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:21 pm

The 1981 KZ 750 E was voted best 750 and for good reason. It was lighter and had a shorter wheelbase than the competition.The bike out handled the competition and the motor was and still is bulletproof. I saw this same bike in a bike shop in the mid to late eigthies and admired it for the aftermarket parts it had; lochart oil cooler,wolf racing exhaust and steel braided lines. I ended up owning the bike a few years ago and treated it to the following work;
-complete top end rebuild using GPZ pistons and head ( intake cam is from an 83-85'more lift and duration,slotted cam sprockets and cams are degreed)
-530 chain and sprocket conversion
-Aluminum superbike bars
-superbike style seat
-new swingarm bearings
-1000J rear shocks ( adjustable dampening ,no leaks, work really well for racing)
-stiffer fork springs w new seals/oil
-rebuilt front brake calipers
-50% drilled for lockwire
-carbs are from a 1983 KZ 750, 34mm CV Mikuni instead of the stock Keihins, Mikunis came on the GPZ's and are a better carb.
The bike comes with a set of used race tires good for a track day. Comes with a set of home made rear sets and an extra tank and tail piece (silver). The bike does not smoke or consume oil.Driven daily!

$2000 , $2500 race ready you buy the tires. Price is Firm, pic teamkz.ca
613-283-0159
I specialize in Kawasaki air cooled 4 strokes from the seventies and early eighties 550-1100 .I also network with others and can search for parts on your behalf .
darlington
VRRA Member

Return to Race Bikes