Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

2023 AGM Proxy Form

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

2023 AGM Proxy Form

Postby Brian Stevenson » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:29 pm

If you cannot attend the AGM but would like to nominate someone as a proxy the form can be downloaded at the link below.

https://www.vrra.ca/wp-content/uploads/ ... rm-AGM.pdf
Brian Stevenson
VRRA Member

Re: 2023 AGM Proxy Form

Postby steinke » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:20 pm

Question, Where would one find their VRRA member # in the new race day program ? The proxy form requires it or do I just use my bike number.
Thanks
John Steinke #51
steinke

Postby Paul Brubaker » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:41 am

If there is something the club needs to vote on. I think all members should be given a chance to cast their vote via website/email voting.

I know we have done this in the past.

I am confused and questioning the need for Proxy votes/forms?
Paul Brubaker
Paul Brubaker
VRRA Member

Postby Ian » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:24 am

There is nothing on the agenda requiring a membership vote and you are right, such should go out to the entire membership. Proxies could be used for procedural things like opening and closing the meeting, accepting the minutes of the previous meeting, etc. if we did not have a quorom, but we do expect to have one. They can also be used voting for the Roger Beaumont Award winner.
Ian McQueen
Ian
VRRA Member

Postby Doug Forbes » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:13 am

On Friday I received my membership list from our new Membership Secretary. I use the membership list to check our members into our AGM and also to help members to verify their membership numbers for them to vote on the Roger Beaumont award that I hand out to each member when I check them into the AGM.I was surprised that when we switched from Series Tracker to Race Day all our Membership numbers had been changed. The Membership lists I received from our membership secretary do have each member's new number so there should be no problem for the Roger Beaumont voting.
As Ian has stated, we do not have anything requiring a membership vote on the agenda this year so the need for proxies from members unable to attend the AGM is not as significant as it has been in the past.
For members that wish to send their proxies with an attending member please contact our Membership Secretary to get your new Membership number.
I also want to let you know that it appears we have had three different Membership Secretaries in the last year. Please thank Lyssa, our new Membership Secretary, for stepping forward to take on that voluntary position in addition to her already very full role as Volunteer Coordinator.
Doug Forbes
VRRA Member

Postby Davelaporte221 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:35 am

While there is nothing on the agenda requiring a membership vote, the membership in attendance provided there is a quorum has the power to conduct business requiring a vote.

I many cases, a vote is taken on motions from the floor which give the Executive directions and potentially marching orders for the coming year.

As an example, at the North Bay meeting a couple years ago, the floor gave direction to the Executive to ensure the club had 2 road ambulances at each event.

So, it is important that those wanting to be heard be there and if they are unable that they give their voice to someone they trust. This is a proxy and it can be restrictive to certain topics only or general in nature.

See you there.
Dave “THE DOOR” #221
88 Hawk NT650
99 GSXR SRAD 600
96 CBR600 F3
97 ZX7R
Davelaporte221

Return to Club Announcements