Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

CCGP rider info

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

CCGP rider info

Postby Michael Vinten » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:07 pm

Rider info document is posted on web site for download, https://www.vrra.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/2022-CCGP-Rider-Info.pdf or read below. It is copy and paste, so format is not the best.

Canadian Classic GP Rider Information Sheet
Date and Location September 02-04, 2022
Shannonville Motorsports Park 7047 Old Highway 2, Shannonville, ON, K0K 3A0
• All spectator tickets are sold by Shannonville Motorsports Park.
• Anyone 12 - 15 must purchase a spectator ticket at the SMP ticket booth
• Rider and crew (16 and over) gate tickets are sold at http://www.vrra.ca and at registration, cash or card reader.
• Everyone entering SMP must sign the SMP waiver at the ticket booth
• There will be NO access to the facility prior to 6 pm, Thursday September 01.

Rider checklist
• I have a one event or annual VRRA membership
• I have registered for my races and practice
• I have emailed the VRRA and Concussion waivers to the Registrar
• I, and my crew, have completed the on-line insurance waiver and have confirmation on phone
• I, and my crew, have purchased gate tickets
• I have printed and completed one tech form for each machine
• If I am an Endurance Captain (team owner), I have filled out the Endurance Bike and Team Info Sheet and have a copy of the lap scoring sheet if I want to hand score my team
Registration
• Registration will be open Thursday 6:00pm – 8:30pm, Friday 7:00am - 9:00am and 5:00pm – 7:00pm, Saturday
7:00am – 9:00am and 5:00pm – 6:00pm.
• Registration is CLOSED during all rider’s meetings.
• Registration will be located at the event center on your left.
• All registrants MUST present a paid gate ticket to register.
• All entrants must bring completed tech sheets and endurance team info sheet to registration.
Accommodations
• There are camping facilities at the track with washrooms and showers.
Generators
• No generators before 7:00am. All generators must be shut down by 10:00pm
Hot Pits
• Anyone entering the hot pits, except entered racers, must have signed the waiver at registration as crew.
• No-one under 16 is allowed in hot pits.
• Everyone in the hot pits must wear long pants, shirt with short or long sleeves, and closed toe shoes.
Pit/Dirt Bikes
• Small pit bikes, bearing the racer’s plate number, are permitted and must be used with appropriate caution.
• Paddock speed is restricted to 15kph, including bicycles ridden by your children.
Safety, Security & Conduct
• Please keep an eye on your belongings and your neighbour's.
• Pets must be kept on a leash at all times.
• Keep your speed down to below 15kph in the paddock as children and adults are wandering around.
• This is a family event as well as a race weekend - all quiet after 10:00pm.
• Parents are responsible for the behaviour of their children at all times.
Absolutely no alcohol or intoxicating substances to be consumed until after racing is over for the day and the track is closed. Any incidents of excessive use during the evening/night prior to a racing day will result in the rider being banned from racing at the event.
Racing
• The VRRA reserves the right to change the length of races.
• The VRRA reserves the right to combine or cancel classes based on the number of entrants.
• Any restarted race ending before its scheduled distance needs to have completed a minimum of three laps in order to be scored on its finishing order from its last completed lap.
• Race Announcing should be on 88.9FM – we will confirm Friday.
Rider’s Meetings
• Are held each morning at 8:00am sharp in the picnic area.
• Rider’s meetings are mandatory for all racers. Attendance will be taken.
Medical Cards
• Medical data cards must be worn on helmets. Medical Data Carriers can be purchased at Registration.
Trophies
• Trophy presentation takes place Sunday at the end of race weekend at the picnic shelter beside the restaurant.
Souvenirs and Memberships
• T-shirts, hats and other VRRA souvenirs will be on sale under the grandstand near pit in/out. Shop early because they go fast!
• No cash – no problem, electronic payment is available.
Technical Inspection
• Tech will be located on the east side of the FAST school garage.
• Tech Inspection will be closed during riders’ meetings.
• Tech will open Thursday evening 6:30pm – 8:00pm, Friday 7:00am – 9:00am and 6:00pm – 7:00pm, Saturday
7:00am – 8:00am, Sunday 7:00am – 8:00am.
• Thursday night and Friday morning are for bikes running Friday practice and Endurance only.
• During the event tech will be available. You will be informed of the location at the riders’ meeting.
• Bring your completed tech sheets to Tech Inspection, with your bike and helmet.
• You must complete the helmet section of the tech form. You may be asked to show us the date of manufacture.
• All old fork bands, endurance and practice stickers must be removed from bikes and old stickers must be removed from helmets.
• Tech inspectors will be examining machines for correct machine preparation and lock wiring.
• Fairings must be removed if inspection cannot be carried out. If the lower fairing is the oil catch pan for the machine the lower must be brought separately for inspection.
• If the oil drain plugs, filter and lock-wire are easily visible with the oil pan in place, the pan may be fitted for inspection.
• Liquid cooled machines may be checked for the presence of glycol. This type of coolant is strictly banned, and if found the machine will be removed from the event, and the rider will be penalized.
• Any motorcycle that is presented for inspection in a condition which may prevent carrying out a thorough inspection will be turned away until the condition is corrected.
• Motorcycles must be clean and the engines cool to the touch in order for inspection to be done.
Numbers
• Machine numbers must conform to VRRA colors and size, visiting riders excepted.
• Visiting riders with conflicting numbers are permitted to add a letter to the number for the duration of the event
• All helmets must display your bike number on both sides.
Transponders
• Make sure your transponder is properly mounted, fully charged, and on the bike before going out onto the track for any session. During practice, the transmission from transponders is checked.
• The VRRA scores solely on transponder output, and the functionality of the transponder is the sole responsibility of the rider.
• Rental transponders are available at registration. You are responsible to verify the charge each day and return for charging if required.
VIP tech inspection
• VRRA VIP bike tech is again being offered on a test basis. We will tech your bike(s) in your pit, on your stands.
• Cost is $20 for 1 bike, or $35 for 2 or more bikes with same racing number. Cash only and the proceeds are a donation to VRRA.
• When you are ready, notify Dave Laporte. Call or text 705-562-8807 with location of pit and bike number.
• Available Thu evening 6:30 – 8:00, Fri morning 7:00 – 8:00 and Fri evening 6:30 – 8:00.
Mike #19
Michael Vinten
Tech Committee

Return to Club Announcements