Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

Sad news about Scott Martin

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

Sad news about Scott Martin

Postby Laura » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:47 am

We heard that long time racer and supporter of the VRRA, Scott Martin, passed away. He raced number 426 for years but switched to number 6 when his son Simon joined the club and wanted his dad’s number. That's just one small example of the unselfish nature of Scott. We send sincere condolences to his family and friends.
Laura

Re: Sad news about Scott Martin

Postby pacomotorstuff » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:46 am

Any details re: donations, etc.?
Pat Cowan
pacomotorstuff
VRRA Member

Postby MGill » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:21 pm

Ahhh shit. He was such a nice guy.
RIP Scott.
#39 BMW
Member #1336
www.mmmotowerks.com
MGill
VRRA Member

Postby Dave King » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:18 pm

Sad news indeed. He will be missed.
Dave King.
Dave King
VRRA Member

Postby pacomotorstuff » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:42 pm

Got this info from Smith's Funeral Home (Burlington, ON) website:
Obituary

MARTIN, Scott Jeffrey

Passed away unexpectedly but peacefully surrounded by family at Hamilton General Hospital, on Tuesday, October 13, 2020, at the age of 59. Loving husband of Leslie Martin (nee McMurray). Devoted father of Julia MacKay (Michael), Simon (Carlie) and Matthew (Jasmine). Cherished papa and best friend of Atticus and Sebastian. Beloved son of Patricia (formerly Martin, nee Terry) and Ron Vasey and the late Ross Martin (May 2012). Dear son-in-law of Lorna McMurray. Much loved brother of Mike Martin (Kathy) and Alyson Gibbs. Scott will be missed beyond measure by his nieces and nephews, in-laws and extended family, his colleagues and friends. He will always be remembered for his infectious smile, sense of humour, charm and selfless acts of kindness. Anyone wishing to remember Scott need only to lift their head on a walk through Hamilton and the GTA to see countless pieces of his work, each a reflection of his passion, creativity, talent and welcoming spirit. Cremation has taken place. A celebration of Scott's life will be held at SMITH'S FUNERAL HOME, 485 Brant Street, (one block north of City Hall), BURLINGTON (905-632-3333), on Friday, October 16, 2020 from 5:30-8:30p.m.

In accordance with provincial regulations, there is a limit to the number of visitors who may attend at one time.
Please RSVP in advance through the website or by calling the funeral home.

In lieu of flowers, donations to the Heart & Stroke Foundation or a random act of kindness in memory of Scott would be appreciated.

A sad day for the VRRA Family.
Pat Cowan
pacomotorstuff
VRRA Member

Postby BrianL » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:45 pm

Scott will be missed...very sad news.
We don't stop ridding cause we get older,
We get older cause we stop ridding...
Special thanks to St-Hubert Machine Shop and Built by Bill
BrianL
VRRA Member

Postby darlington » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:20 pm

Scott and I started racing at the same time (98') and I believe we may have taken the same race school together. He was a large imposing figure when I first met him but as I got to know him he turned out to be a warm and compassionate individual. Some 10 years ago he built a wonderful Honda CB 1100R replica race bike . He hadn't raced with us for a number of years and I was hoping to see him come back out soon. Last time I saw him was approx 6 years ago during Xmas when a small group of us met in Milton for lunch and to bench race. To say I am surprised and shocked to hear of his passing is an understatement. He was a really great man and I will miss him dearly.
I specialize in Kawasaki air cooled 4 strokes from the seventies and early eighties 550-1100 .I also network with others and can search for parts on your behalf .
darlington
VRRA Member

Return to Club Announcements