Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

2018 Rule Changes and online voting coming soon

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

2018 Rule Changes and online voting coming soon

Postby Ashton Bond » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:40 pm

As a bit of a public service announcement regarding our adaptation of online voting as discussed at the AGM this is simply to let you know Kirby and I are finalizing the construction of our first fully online vote: the 2018 rule changes. We received the final verbiage this Friday from the Technical Director, and intend to have the vote in the Membership’s hands this coming week.

If you have not already done so there are two very important items you as a member can do before it comes out: Renew your membership, and make sure you have a working email on file. The online voting tool will only go out to current Members, and will automatically stop any attempt by a non-member to submit a vote. Non-member may simply mean you did not renew before the vote went out.

The voting tool is constructed exactly as our paper ballots have been, and will be accompanied by an informational PDF written by the Technical Director summarizing the Executives’ and the Technical Commitee’s thoughts on the subjects presented. You will receive the vote through an email from the Membership Secretary, so please add their and all of the executive’s email addresses to your contacts list so you are ensured to receive the communications they send for this vote, and then throughout the racing year. The list of email addresses can be found here: http://www.vrra.ca/?page_id=24

Each of the 2018 rule changes were posted for Membership review in the Bulletin Board, and I would also encourage you to review them in these final days before the vote comes out. They can be found here: viewforum.php?f=3
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Re: 2018 Rule Changes and online voting coming soon

Postby Ashton Bond » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:46 am

As many have already seen, the 2018 rule change proposal vote is out. Please take a few minutes to read through the proposed changes and cast your votes. The vote closes Dec 30 at noon.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby Stan Nicholson » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:13 am

Ashton, Before I renewed our memberships for 2019 I changed the email address on Pat's Series Tracker profile to our 2nd email address, expecting that now we would both receive VRRA communications separately. However, while one copy of the rule change vote arrived in our original email inbox nothing was received on Pat's address and, yes, I did check the junk mail box just in case.

Is there some reason why we only received one copy of the rule change voting?

Thanks, Stan
Stan Nicholson
VRRA Member

Postby Ashton Bond » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:33 am

Nope, excepting a mistaken assumption on my part.

The original statement from the Exec was the rule change voting pool would be comprised of 2019 renewed memberships, hence my prompting post above to get renewed. That was changed on Sunday to the verified 2018 membership pool PLUS new recruits from 2019. So I copied in the email list generated from the 2018 AGM list which was the most up to date list we had from 2018 and added in the new recruits (7 already) from 2019. Of course Pat didn’t have a separate email in 2018, so I missed it. I’ll grab it tonight when I get home and get it right out to her.

If there are any others missed please do speak up so I can correct it and the vote is complete. Happy to say there’s already a significant number of completed responses in just the few hours it’s been open since last night. Really looking forward to being able to give the club some substantial information to build on going forward.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby Doug Forbes » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:13 pm

We had 81 members attend the 2018 AGM. Of those arriving to attend there were 7 members not on the latest and most up to date 2018 AGM membership list including several sponsors.
Diane was on the membership list, she had a separate email and is a 2019 member. She has not received the Rule Change proposal vote.
I agree with your statement"If there are any others missed please do speak up so I can correct it and the vote is complete."
Possibly this should be posted in our VRRA facebook as well to help insure all registered members get the information and opportunity to vote.
Doug Forbes
VRRA Member

Postby Ashton Bond » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:48 pm

When we got home I edited in those 7 on the list you gave me.

I can post the same ask on FB

If Diane doesn’t see it say by the end of today let me know. Her specific email is on the verified sent list. I remember having to re-send hers from this summer as well though, and can do it again if necessary.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby Dave King » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:01 pm

I have not received any voting emails either and would like to vote if possible.
Thanks,
Dave King
Dave King
VRRA Member

Postby Joe » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:49 pm

I have not received any emails about voting, and my email address in Series tracker is correct.

Joe
Joe
VRRA Member

Postby Ashton Bond » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Doug, Joe and Dave you have PM’s. Stan, please confirm Pat is set.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby Paul Brubaker » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:20 pm

Hello Ashton,

My email is correct in ST and I have not received an email for voting.

I would like to vote if possible please.

Thanks,
Paul Brubaker
Paul Brubaker
VRRA Member

Postby Stan Nicholson » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:31 pm

Thanks Ashton, change proposals received in Pat's inbox.

Stan
Stan Nicholson
VRRA Member

Postby Ashton Bond » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:44 pm

You have mail Paul.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby Dave King » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Thanks Ashton, everything came through in fine form.
Dave King
Dave King
VRRA Member

Postby Paul Brubaker » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:08 am

Hello Ashton,

Sorry to say I still have no mail.
Paul Brubaker
Paul Brubaker
VRRA Member

Postby Ashton Bond » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:17 am

So, as we go along we’re of course keeping a list of emails that didn’t fire to see if we can find a reason after we’re done voting. Happy to say though that we’re approaching the 25% respondent mark this morning which I think is a great start. We’ll be working with SM after the vote to see if they have some insight on why perfectly normal emails don’t actually arrive. There’s been (4) so far. We’ll also be looking at the actual delivery method for future votes and surveys.

Direct email is only one delivery method. As we are simultaneously working to have our Bulletin Board be a secure forum for members only it could also function as a delivery method for surveys and votes, which would circumvent or augment the email delivery system. A live link would be put in a sticky post at the top of the forum and members would simply click on it there or in their emails to participate. Once the Exec is comfortable with the online voting format there’s a few other options we could explore as well.

Anyway, keep the voting coming and if there’s any others I need to resend let me know.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Next

Return to Club Announcements