Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

Calabogie - Foodbank Donations

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

Calabogie - Foodbank Donations

Postby Pat Nicholson » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:48 pm

Calabogie Foodbank Donations:
Hi all VRRA Racers, just a note to let you know that I am still volunteering at the Arnprior Foodbank and that we will gratefully receive any donations you are able to give. I understand that Diane will still be collecting your cash donations at Tech.  :D
Stan and I will have some crates at our pit area (VW van with bike #70) to collect your food donations. Our Foodbank was delighted to receive your generous donations last summer, particularly as summer is always a difficult time for us to meet our client’s needs. Many people are usually travelling in the summer and unfortunately our clients do get forgotten. We are looking forward to seeing many of you at Calabogie, have a safe drive to the track. If you cannot make it to Calabogie, enjoy the rest of your summer and see you at Mosport.
Many thanks
Pat Nicholson
Pat Nicholson
VRRA Member

Re: Calabogie - Foodbank Donations

Postby MGill » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:14 pm

Thanks for organizing this Pat.
I think it’s great that our club members are so
generous, and to such an important organization.
See you on the weekend.
Mathew
#39 BMW
Member #1336
www.mmmotowerks.com
MGill
VRRA Member

Re: Calabogie - Foodbank Donations

Postby Pat Nicholson » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:07 pm

June Calabogie Foodbank Donations:
Hi Awesome VRRA Racers, I wanted to thank you all for your kind generosity last weekend @ the Calabogie Race Track. In addition to the money donated by VRRA members which Diane collected at Tech, Chris Chapelle of R.A.C.E. very generously donated the $200 raffle prize. So I am delighted to announce that all your generous donations added up to: $294.60 for the Arnprior Foodbank.
Summer is always a difficult time for Foodbanks as donations really slacken off then, but people still need to eat! Arnprior is trying really hard to cope with this problem by creating a little church community vegetable garden, where all the produce comes to the Foodbank as fresh produce tends to be expensive as we all know. Another project we have initiated has been providing our clients with easy recipes based on the food we can provide them with, we (the volunteers) also get together to provide some of those little perks we all enjoy like herbs and spices. All of these efforts are really appreciated by our clients as are the donations from our local churches and community associations.
Our little Foodbank does help to meet the needs of our families in trouble, we really wish we did not need to have to provide such a service in a small town, but unfortunately such situations exist everywhere at this time.
All the very best to you for the summer, have some great fun times with your friends and families, see you at the race track when you can make it out. A great big Thank you to you all.
Pat Nicholson, for the Arnprior Foodbank
Pat Nicholson
VRRA Member

Re: Calabogie - Foodbank Donations - Thank you

Postby Pat Nicholson » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:10 pm

Arnprior & District Food Bank Inc.
P.O Box 463, Arnprior, Ontario
K7S 3L9

June 2018

To our Friends from the Vintage Road Racing Association:

On behalf of the Board of Directors, our many volunteers and above all, those we serve, a heartfelt thank you for supporting us with your recent generous $294.60 financial contribution.

We at the Food Bank are continuously inspired by the generosity of very different organizations such as yours, mostly in the local area, who contribute to our cause.

If not for your support, we would not have been able to help an average of 116 families a month last year.

If not for your support, we would not have been able to help an average of 184 adults a month last year.

If not for your support, we would not have been able to help an average of 83 children a month last year.

Thank you again for caring and sharing.

Best Regards
Dave Fridgen

Treasurer,
Arnprior & District Food Bank Inc.
Pat Nicholson
VRRA Member

Return to Club Announcements