Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

2018 Am-Can Championship Series

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

2018 Am-Can Championship Series

Postby Ashton Bond » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:39 pm

Full season details coming soon! Only one month left until the season opener!
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Re: 2018 Am-Can Championship Series

Postby Ashton Bond » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Thank you again to Doug Donelan for the seasonal calendar of events!

One quick note is that ALL of the USCRA events are Am-Can points earning events, same true with all VRRA events. The four events in the AHRMA schedule are Kershaw, Road America, NJMP, and Barber.

Once again this season the points will be tracked and published on the VRRA’s website, in addition to posts made here. The link has not changed. We are making some updates to the VRRA website this year, so if that affects the points archive location I’ll let everyone know.

Again, great job to all participants last year, and another congratulations to team USA! The scoring matrix worked well last year, and is unchanged this year.

Bullet points for scoring-
- you must register to earn points at any event you attend in 2018.
- you earn points for every race you complete at that event based on the scoring matrix.
- traveling racers competing at an event on the opposite team earn DOUBLE points for all completed races.
- no points are earned for DNS or DNF.
- event results are reported by the organizing club to the Am-Can official for scoring. Any discrepancies are the host organizations to rectify and report
- Sidecar and Endurance teams have the choice to report the earned points based on the registering rider OR each individual. It is up to the registering rider to report the choice for scoring and the names of the additional team members. The default reporting action will always be to assign the points to the registering rider.
- the top ten riders per country will be tracked and reported in addition to the team aggregate scores.
- at track awards are the host organizations responsibility.

I’d really like to make sure each participant this year gets the stickers for their machines. I’ll have a supply with me to leave with AHRMA at Kershaw, and I’ve sent them the artwork files for their future supplies.

For those traveling to Kershaw for this first Am-Can, a few details-

- if you come early on Thursday don’t park on the entry road. Back your vehicle off the side of the road onto the grass so the track day renting the facility has easy access in and out.

- registration is in the building outside and to the right of the front gate. It opened last year around 2:00 Thursday

- print all you’re pre-reg paperwork ahead of time and bring cash for any needed additions

- the actual gate building to the left of the gate is where you can reserve your camping spot and pay for weekend electricity. It’s first-come first-served, so if you want a 30amp service go there first!

- there is some garage space available, again, first come first served.

- showers are directly opposite the garages in the paddock

- the track entry point is just in front of the garages, and Tech is set up there as well on the covered inspection platform.

- belly pans OFF at all AHRMA events

- bring all your gear for inspection including back protector, boots, gloves, helmet, leathers

- there will be (2) tire vendors at the event selling and installing Bridgestone, Michelin and Pirelli

- Street and Comp was there last year with a good selection of racing spares.

- race fuel is very cheap in the southern states... Easiest place for VP (& where I’m stocking up) is right off Interstate 77: 122 Knob Hill Rd
Mooresville, NC 28117
United States

- results, schedules, and grids are all posted online same as in the VRRA: http://results.seriestracker.com/ Just click on the AHRMA link instead of the VRRA one

- Sunday racing starts later than Saturday events as it’s mandatory quiet hours until 10:00am. (Southern Hospitality!)

- Gearing for CMP is very close to either SMP Long track or our own CMP: Calabogie.

- Grip level is very much on par with Calabogie as well! But... there’s some cracks and a true-to-life pot hole in T3 rider’s right.

- DO NOT try to win the race on T1. Like ever.... T1 gets very congested as it sweeps sharp left. There’s plenty of other corners with wildly safer passing opportunities! DO NOT GET SUCKED IN TO T1!!

That’s all I can remember from last year, feel free to chime in on corrections or more details! I’m excited to see everyone in just 3.5 weeks!!

BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby Ashton Bond » Sat May 05, 2018 5:32 am

Team Canada needs your points!

Don’t forget to sign up for the Am-Can this year! Of the nearly 100 riders pre-registered already (we very typically double in entrants in the last three weeks!) only 12 have selected the Am-Can Series. Every rider now earns minimally one point per entry, and of course a top 15 finish earns Series points for yourself and your team. Every point will be vital this season!
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby bwaller » Tue May 08, 2018 7:52 pm

Only 12%? WTH? Get with it Team Canada.
Which way'd they go?
bwaller
VRRA Member

Postby Ashton Bond » Sun May 13, 2018 10:03 am

And the game is on!

With the season in it's infancy Team Canada leads with 368 points over Team USA with 239. Remember to register for your points when you register for the events and good luck this season!
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Return to Club Announcements