Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

2017 Canadian Classic Grand Prix

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

2017 Canadian Classic Grand Prix

Postby Ashton Bond » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:27 am

BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Re: 2017 Canadian Classic Grand Prix

Postby Ashton Bond » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:30 am

Today is the day!

The last 5.5 hours to register for our season finale at Calabogie Motorsports Park! For Gary- 11:59am is the last minute you can hit the register button on Series Tracker for the event! LOL

I've updated the schedule a bit based on the current entries (laps not accurate yet) Good luck to all!
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby Dean Pattemore » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:35 pm

Where would one find the pdf. forms to register for the CCGP...yes thats right I waited till the last day and didn't pay attention to the am versus pm thing...

Dean
Dean Pattemore

Postby Ashton Bond » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:22 pm

I replied to your email.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby Ashton Bond » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:23 pm

Final schedule and grids are posted! Last kick of the can!

http://results.seriestracker.com/index.asp?PSID=16
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby Ashton Bond » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:19 pm

Little house cleaning after Mosport... I need the following people to go into their Series Tracker rider profile and add their transponder number BEFORE Calabogie:

Doug Forbes
Blaise Fougere
Steve Galbraith
Kevin D Gale
Neal Howes
Andre Kipin
Colin McConnell
Mark McCoy
Andrew Roberts
Andrew McCracken
Scott Mcvicker
Louie Raffa
Toni Sharpless
Maxim Vocelle

Thank you!

Also wouldn't hurt for everyone to give a good charge this round and remember to bring your charger with you. If you remove your transponder nightly and put it back in it's cradle it puts the transponder into low power mode for a better signal the next day.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby gary holden » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:23 pm

Dean wrote:Where would one find the pdf. forms to register for the CCGP...yes thats right I waited till the last day and didn't pay attention to the am versus pm thing...

Dean

"For Gary- 11:59am is the last minute you can hit the register button on Series Tracker for the event! LOL "-
so it ain't just me - LMAO.
Half-fast Racing 401
gary holden
VRRA Member

Postby Stan Nicholson » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:09 am

Ashton,
Are there no P1-200 entries at Calabogie? They usually run with P2 Lwt but not on the schedule or grid.
Stan
Stan Nicholson
VRRA Member

Postby Ashton Bond » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:17 am

No entries
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby Ashton Bond » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:33 am

Please stop messaging me about an arrival time to Calabogie.

I'll be blunt-

33 of you ignored the last arrival time edict after multiple postings on the subject, and having the information directly emailed to every member in the club.

"She let us in". Of course she let you in- your blocking the highway....

I was very clear on this subject at the SC. You are to time your arrival to the facility for whatever time is stipulated on the rider info sheet. There is an active business sharing the intersection at the gate. When you blocked it you became a problem. That gave all of us a black eye.

The second issue is our early arrival behavior disrupts the booking previous to ours, and it blew my mind that you created an even bigger problem on the very same subject at Mosport!

It is going to be a primary discussion as an administration this winter on exactly how to handle this issue going forward. While those that are creating this problem see it as "no big deal" or "these issues don't apply to me because I'm special" or worse: "I didn't know", it is creating a massive black eye for our otherwise pretty awesome racing organization.

When I get an exact arrival time it will be emailed to you and posted everywhere. If I don't, it will be as currently written, which is 6:00pm Thursday evening.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby Michael Vinten » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:24 pm

I too got the stories after I spoke about the early arrivals at the Summer Classic during the rider's meeting. Some riders arrived around noon and expected to park on the side of a public road until the gates opened at 6pm. These are public roads and I would not be upset if the tracks called in the police to issue tickets.

Ashton has much better things to do than answer queries about gate opening time. It will be in the rider info sheet which all riders acknowledge having read when they sign in at Registration. Anyone arriving early must think that arrival times don't apply to them.
Mike #19
Michael Vinten
Tech Committee

Return to Club Announcements