Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

2017 AGM in Peterborough

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

Re: 2017 AGM in Peterborough

Postby Dean Pattemore » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:01 pm

AGM Banquet UP Date

Ticket sales have been excellent. For those who have been debating whether or not to come, there are some tickets left but I encourage you to act soon. I will have to set a cut off date for tickets so that we can provide an accurate count for dinner.

I was in contact with the Hotel today regarding rooms. There was an inquiry if there were rooms still available and I have confirmed there are 4 rooms still available in the block of rooms reserved for VRRA. I am assuming the person inquiring about the rooms will be booking theirs so that will mean 3 rooms available.

The Hotel will still provide our group rate until 17:00 (5pm) so if you are considering a room take advantage of the rate and book tomorrow.

Less than month to November 4th...
Dean Pattemore

Postby Dean Pattemore » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:05 pm

AGM Banquet UP Date

Ticket sales have been excellent. For those who have been debating whether or not to come, there are some tickets left but I encourage you to act soon. I will have to set a cut off date for tickets so that we can provide an accurate count for dinner.

I was in contact with the Hotel today regarding rooms. There was an inquiry if there were rooms still available and I have confirmed there are 4 rooms still available in the block of rooms reserved for VRRA. I am assuming the person inquiring about the rooms will be booking theirs so that will mean 3 rooms available.

The Hotel will still provide our group rate until 17:00 (5pm) so if you are considering a room take advantage of the rate and book tomorrow.

Less than month to November 4th...
Dean Pattemore

Postby Dean Pattemore » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:42 pm

Getting closer to November 4th....

As a reminder

For those available on Friday there will be a separate reserved dining area from 5pm-8pm. I encourage all who are arriving on Friday to take advantage of the dinning area that has been set aside for our VRRA members/friends.

Also available on Friday, a suite has been reserved for those wishing to spend some time visiting and catching up with friends in a casual atmosphere.
Dean Pattemore

Postby Dean Pattemore » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:28 pm

Another update regarding the AGM weekend...

The following info was provided from the Peterborough & the Kawarthas Tourism Visitor Centre

The following is a link for the digital copy of our See & Do Guide:
http://thekawarthas.ca/wp-content/uploa ... _WEB-2.pdf

You can download it directly from that link, and attractions are separated by a variety of categories such as Dining, Arts, Culture & Heritage, and Shopping.

Aside from the shopping available in the Downtown area here are some other popular recommendations:

Lockside Trading Company
https://www.lockside.com/
2805 River Ave. Young's Point, ON
705-652-3940
Lockside Trading Company – Originally fashioned as an antique and gift shop, Lockside has grown into the largest country store in the Kawartha’s, showcasing four seasons of in-store design and merchandise.

Craftworks at the Barn
https://www.peterboroughcraftworks.ca/
124 Lindsay Road, Selwyn, ON
705-750-1010
Mennonite furniture, antiques, arts & crafts home decor, and so much more!

Whetung Ojibwa Centre
https://www.whetung.com/
875 Mississauga St, Curve Lake, ON
705-657-3661
Explore their native craft & gift shop featuring local art, native workings, jewellery, collectibles and historical exhibits.

Each of the locations listed above are approximately a 20-30 minute drive from the Holiday Inn Peterborough-Waterfront.

Another popular attraction located in the City of Peterborough is Riverview Park & Zoo, the park and zoo have attracted over a quarter of a million visitors a year. The zoo features 27 exhibits, with over 48 species, including Yak, Camel, Wallaby, Emu, Macaw, Squirrel Monkey, Cougar, Plated Lizard, Meerkat and more! The park covers 55.5 acres and is the largest and most diversified playground in the city, and it is Canada's Only Free-Admission CAZA/AZAC Accredited Zoo.
Dean Pattemore

Postby gary holden » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:38 am

Dean wrote:Getting closer to November 4th....

As a reminder

For those available on Friday there will be a separate reserved dining area from 5pm-8pm. I encourage all who are arriving on Friday to take advantage of the dinning area that has been set aside for our VRRA members/friends.

Also available on Friday, a suite has been reserved for those wishing to spend some time visiting and catching up with friends in a casual atmosphere.

Will the suite have beverages that must be purchased from the hotel supplied beverage service,or are we permitted to bring our own beverages to enjoy whilst we visit and catch up?
Half-fast Racing 401
gary holden
VRRA Member

Postby Dean Pattemore » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:15 am

In order to provide the Hotel with adequate time, the cut-off date for Banquet Dinner ticket sales is October 28th.

The buffet menu has been set:

Fresh baked rolls and butter
Chef's soup of the day
Apple fennel coleslaw
Vine ripened tomato with basil and balsamic drizzle
Grilled vegetable salad with pesto and cheese tortellini
Garden salad with assorted dressings
Caesar salad with shaved parmesan
Seared boneless chicken breast with bourbon honey mustard
Maple peppered Atlantic salmon
Red wine braised beef tenderloin (med) with horseradish and gravy
Seasonal vegetables, Roasted red potatoes,
Pastries, cakes,tortes, fruit ,
Coffee and tea

If anyone has food allergies or dietary restrictions please let me know.

A non-meat option is available but I will need to know ahead of time (preferably by October 28th).

The non-meat option is:
Spicy Pad Thai Bowl with Tofu
Rice noodles, garlic, shallot, snow
peas, and julienned vegetables, topped
with cilantro, scallions and cashews
Dean Pattemore

Postby Velo » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:24 pm

What time does the AGM start in Peterborough ?
Velo

Postby Dean Pattemore » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:50 am

Regarding Dinner start time:
5:30 to 6:30 social hour and tickets available for pickup,
Dinner starts at 6:30

Dean
Dean Pattemore

Postby Colin Duncan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:28 am

The AGM starts at 10am.

Thanks,
Colin
Better to bodge and ride, than polish and hide!
Colin Duncan
VRRA Executive

Postby Dean Pattemore » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:19 pm

Tomorrow is the 1st of November and Saturday is the AGM.

Just a quick summary of the weekend...

Friday evening there is a reserved area of the restaurant, for VRRA guests, to meetup, eat and socialize. This area is reserved from 5pm to 8pm.
Also Friday night there is a guest suit available to continue with dinner conversations or to catch up up with those you haven't seen in a couple of months.

Saturday during the day is the AGM...

Saturday evening is the banquet and award presentations. Following the presentations there will be 6 person band playing for your listening/dancing pleasure.

Look forward to seeing you all there!
Dean Pattemore

Previous

Return to Club Announcements