Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

2017 Rules

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

2017 Rules

Postby Percy W » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:26 pm

Happy to announce that the 2017 Rules are now updated and able to be viewed on the VRRA Website.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to propose rules and to all who made the effort to vote.
Miles

http://www.vrra.ca/?page_id=116
Percy W

Re: 2017 Rules

Postby aly393 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:45 am

going over the new rules , I noticed a lot of additions that were not VOTED for on the last ballot . Who decided on these additions if they were NOT voted for . The one addition that I'm bothered about is :

Championship trophies will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each championship. If the
championship has more than 10 competitors the top 5 will be awarded. Competitors must win points from at least 2 separate weekend events to be eligible for championship trophies at the
end of he season.

Points won are points won ! So the guy with LESS points and 2 races, beats the guy with MORE points and 1 race ? :?

who made this rule change ?
Allan
VRRA 1403
aly393
VRRA Member

Postby Ashton Bond » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:16 am

No, the person with two races gets the trophy at the AGM. This is a policy/procedure, and it actually always existed, but because our policies and rules were so fragmented, I really wasn't aware of it/forgot it when reviewing for AGM awards, which was the catalyst to why your seeing so many new items in this year's rulebook.

We all felt it should be job 1 this year to get all of these policies/procedures (most already existed, just weren't publically viewable) under one roof with our rules so racers have a single point source to reference for any activities they participate in. There are some wording changes for current policies where vaugaries made them confusing or they were in-accurate for what we're actually doing now as well. There was also some items that the Tech Committee felt needed adding as well, so that's in there too. Definitely review it in completion, and let us know anything that seems out of place. The trophy policy actually existed, and just wasn't being payed attention to.

To answer your question the Execs, as much as we can as a group, talks through the changes and then reviews the changes individually and comments. There's no change made without written majority consent.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby Ashton Bond » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:25 am

Sorry forgot- There is one new policy that I basically shoved down the Execs throats... The helmet cam ban. Jason's serious injury this year was a wake up call to me in particular, & knowing that they are already banned by almost any racing organization you can think of spurred me to reach out to a few of them and ask why. Most of them cited the Michael Schumacher accident, but they all agreed that it just made sense as any added solid object to the helmet surface could reasonably add a point source spike in pressure on impact, and that's not something that the helmet manufacturers thought of when constructing the lid. As an exec, we all agreed it was a reasonable additional change, but I basically forced that one on them. I really do think that's a wise move on our part, and a reasonable addition to keeping your noodle safe.
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby racerdude413 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:45 am

This is exactly as it was written , we changed the table at the bottom a little because we feel trophies for 7 place are not very relevant and actually got many negative comments from the membership about trophies for anything under 5th place

Series
A series trophy should represent an achievement based on the entire series, and as such should be more valued than most individual events. This policy recognizes that in larger classes, many riders will never receive recognition even for earning points at each event. The opposite is also true when a trophy is awarded for earning points at one event only.

Series trophies are only awarded to VRRA racing members.

Series trophies will be awarded based on the number of riders who have earned points in at least 2 events.

Trophies will be awarded as follows:
Number of trophies Number of eligible riders
1 - First place only 2 or less
2 - First and second place 2 – 4
3 - First through third place 5 –7
4 - First through fourth place 8 - 10
5 - First through fifth place 11 - 13
6 - First through sixth place 14 - 16
7 - First through seventh place 17 -19
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby Dave W » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:04 pm

Was just reading the new 2017 rules and came across this on tires:

Slick tires may be used on Period 3 and Period solo and Period 3 and 2 Heavyweight Sidecar
machines only; in all other classes, tires must be treaded.

So, only Period 3 solo can run slicks?
maybe a "4" is missing in the sentence above?

Doesn't affect me as I am P2H.
Regards,
Dave W.

VRRA #66, 1972 Kawasaki 750 H2
Dave W
VRRA Member

Return to Club Announcements