Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

CCGP final schedule is up

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

CCGP final schedule is up

Postby Ashton Bond » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:12 am

First, I just have to say how awesome this racing organization is! We're going to a brand new world class venue, and not only is the track day full (yes full, as in no post entries at the track) the Friday practice day is massive, and there's almost as many pre-entrants as the TT, but with over 400 entries! I'm extremely proud of us as a racing group, and this sure is going to be one heck of an event!

The Final schedule for the CCGP is here: http://www.vrra.ca/wp-content/uploads/2 ... sic-GP.pdf You will notice a couple new things. First and foremost the days are equal laps. That's a result of a conversation with some other organizers on what to do when you don't know what to do... LOL This is a new track, and lets face it, I'm guessing...

I'm using 3 minutes/lap as a group-wide lap average to figure the racing days, and that yields a 5 lap race with just under one full lap in reserve per event. What that means is if things go well on Saturday, and that success repeats during the Sunday practice, we'll give a go at (6) lap finals, so watch the pit boards at pit out. The two Challenge races are already scheduled with their extra lap as per normal, but as you see the sidecar races have (6) each as well.

Tim Joyce and I "hugged it out" after the rider's meeting at CTMP, and after chatting I realized his point is very valid. While I can't obviously just plonk down another SC race for every event, (is that even a good idea? LOL) we invited the SRA for this event, so maybe there is a path (with discussion) for a fitting bump race of some sort in the future, or maybe we just give our SC's a little more track time? What I do know is that for many of them the SC race really is their only race, and it's very important to me (& all of us) that we give as much equity/dollar spent as we can, and lets face it, we can afford one lap! So I'm giving that a go.

Speaking of pit boards... Although on the mend, Fran Rice has for probably the first time ever called in sick for this event. Obviously that means Steve will be staying home as well. We have the wonderful safety net of a very experienced Marshal provided by the track to help in that area, but Pat Powell will definitely need some help, so please contact Shelley as quickly as you can to give a hand. Pit out is a critical step in the smooth operations of our racing day, and it's a great place to get your feet wet volunteering with the club, so step up and help. Same true with bike pickup, we'll need a couple hands there as well. Email me or Shelley directly, or comment below and I'll pass it along, and get well soon Fran, because there's very little chance I remember my chin strap without you... :)

shelley.vrra@gmail.com

I'm very excited for this event, but mostly I'm excited that as an organization we all pulled very hard to get this first opportunity off the ground, and in a very successful way. I can't wait to share this amazing race track with you all, it's a blast!

See you next week!
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Re: CCGP final schedule is up

Postby racerdude413 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:56 am

Also looking over the registration, we notice that 97% of Riders signed up to race also signed up for at least 1 day of practice... good job everyone
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Return to Club Announcements