Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

VRRA support class for CSBK!

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

VRRA support class for CSBK!

Postby Ashton Bond » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:12 am

http://csbk.ca/index.php/news/news/816- ... csbk-round

We are very excited to announce our cooperative effort to provide a VRRA support class for the upcoming CSBK National events. The first will be at the opening round June 12-14 at Calabogie Motorsports Park for our Period 4 machinery. If the first event is successful, the second would be held at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park August 14-16, one week in advance of our Vintage Festival featuring our P3 riders.

In support of this inaugural venture, Pro6 Cycle has generously provided us with four practice slots at Calabogie during their practice days previous to the event. All four are available to purchase from the VRRA, simply email info@vrra.ca. Two passes are for the practice day June 8th, and the other two on Thursday June 11. Calabogie is an amazing purpose built racing facility, we HIGHLY recommend anyone considering attending this event enroll in one of the practice days at the earliest possible convenience, even after these four passes sell out.

Bullet points:
- All VRRA legal P4 machinery and bump ups are eligible for the Calabogie event.
-VRRA competitors only. You must hold a valid VRRA racing membership to be considered for either event. Single event VRRA racers will not be accepted at these event.
-registration is $240.00 CND. This covers the racer's entry into the pits plus one crew, transponder, track fees, Friday practice and all racing.
- If you intend to race, you MUST send an email to info@vrra.ca as early as possible to confirm your participation before the event with your VRRA racing number, name as it appears on your membership card, and membership number. You must be pre-authorized by the VRRA to race the event and you will be required to produce your VRRA membership card at registration, NO EXCEPTIONS! If you show up unannounced at the track, you are not guaranteed to race as the VRRA must provide a list to the organizers.
-Friday practice is mandatory unless you have extreme circumstances and have been on the Calabogie track before. This is a safety issue.
-usage of CSBK transponders is also mandatory for all track sessions. They will be issued at registration.
-registration opens Thursday evening, at track ONLY. There is NO pre-registration with CSBK
-every lap including the Friday practice and the Saturday's qualifying session is live timed, just like Moto GP. Any best lap time can be used as your Sunday grid placement time.
-we will practice as a single group, and race as a single group.
-Sunday's final grid will be set purely on lap times from qualifying, but each class will be scored separately. 1-3 will be awarded for each class.
-The use of Dunlop tires is NOT mandatory for the VRRA classes, but we should try to encourage Dunlop and Pro6 as much as possible.
- There is a sound restriction at Calabogie, make every effort to make your bike as quiet as possible, if you have been considering a re-pack, now is the time to do it. We will test at shannonville to give you an idea of where you stand.

That should cover the nuts and bolts of both events. Please bear in mind this is a unique opportunity to show off our club at a national level. Not only will these be very exciting weekends, but there will be a lot of eyes turned our way. Take the opportunity to answer questions, and shake some hands. You'll be surprised just how impactful your machine will be to a crowd of fans accustomed to seeing brand new rocket racers. Take the opportunity to put your best foot forward, and let's have some fun with it!
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Re: VRRA support class for CSBK!

Postby marshall498 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:18 am

If there is one thing I know.

Motorcyclists LOVE vintage bikes. They love to see the bikes of their childhood screaming around the track! I love having people come up and talk to me about whatever bike I have under my tent.

I will sign on the dotted line this weekend at the Toronto Motorcycle show, and get my VRRA registration complete. And send off my email right away, as Bogie is only 45 min away from my house it shall be great to sleep in my own bed between Friday-Sunday!
marshall498

Postby Dewey » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:37 am

Max grid size?? I assume it will be based on "out right" lap times.

pd
Roadracing motorcycles makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.
Peter S. Egan
Dewey
VRRA Member

Postby racerdude413 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:50 am

Dewey wrote:Max grid size?? I assume it will be based on "out right" lap times.

pd

Max grid size never came up, but it is a large track, we could accomodate up to 50-60 riders im sure.. i'll cross that bridge when i get in the upper 30 range....
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby Steve Shaw » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:01 pm

I forget who said it ..... but they said it best !!!! .... " when will the 2015 Surprises end !! " ... or something like that !!

Great Stuff !!
Steve
TZ350
TZ373
FZR600
Steve Shaw
VRRA Member

Postby Robert Marshall » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:35 pm

I do not know about grid sizes for racing but for track days Calabogie has 'on track limit'. I believe the on track limit for bikes is 35 per session.

This 35 bike rule might not apply for races or one off events? The max limit for bikes is due to the track noise restriction and to get on the track the bike has to pass the sound check.

Cheers,
Rob
#29 Ducati 900SS
Robert Marshall

Postby Ashton Bond » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:26 pm

Don't sweat the small stuff guys. I personally think we're gonna blow by 35 entrants by the end of the week, but that's not our "worry". The CSBK management were very committed to not only making this work, but also making it fun, and making us feel "at home". If (seriously, when! :lol: ) we post our big grids, I'm certain they'll find a way to accommodate us. Same true with DB worries. Make sure your not excessively loud, and it'll all work out! I'm personally wicked excited for this round. It's gonna be a blast!
BRS Racing #161
CCS, USCRA, AHRMA, VRRA
Ashton Bond

Postby Robert Marshall » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:43 pm

Thanks for the updates and all the hard work by you and others Ashton.

Not to rain on your parade regarding the noise at Calabogie, but is it a big deal for them. CMP could lose their permit from the municipality over noise so the take is seriously. Some tracks just wag a finger at the offender and call them a bad boy, well here if you fail you don't go on the track, so I just wanted to make everyone aware.

As an FYI on the bike limit (for track days) this was due to the amount of noise the Jap bikes made when in a pack. Some how they figured dropping from 50 to 35 would solve the problem.

All this nit picking aside for all we know CSBK has a waiver on noise and bikes for the weekend?

Thanks for arranging this event!
#29 Ducati 900SS
Robert Marshall

Postby jamie barkley » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:53 pm

Will there be points?
jamie barkley
VRRA Member

Postby racerdude413 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:13 pm

No points, it's an exhibition race... and all 3 P4 classes will be on track together
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby pz1morton » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:18 pm

All I have to say is that this is an amazing opportunity for all of us and the VRRA not only for this year but for future years to come as we compliment each other. VRRA and CSBK that is. Jamie has a good question about whether this will be a point round but I cannot see it,but one never knows now do we. Could be interesting though. Just my 0.02 worth.
All The Best Paul
69 CB350 P1
89 FZR600 P4F2 / Endurance Bike
VRRA # 757
RACE # 757

Remember this we pay to play not get payed to play
Besides it's my story and i'm stickin to it c
pz1morton
VRRA Member

Postby jim kots » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:17 pm

- All VRRA legal P4 machinery and bump ups are eligible for the Calabogie event.

Ashton, is this an open race? The entire club can bump to P4.
jim kots
VRRA Member

Postby racerdude413 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:25 pm

As far as i know the sound testing will still be in effect, if you plan on participating make sure,you make your exhaust as quiet as possible.

If you have doubts, DB Dawg makes the db's come down about 5 DB...
http://www.hyderacing.com/db_dawg.htm

We had a few FZR 400 there in the past that sounded pretty loud and they passed with a DBdawg...

I would like to DB test at shannonville to give people an idea if they are in the ball park,...
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby racerdude413 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:26 pm

Jim Kots wrote:

Ashton, is this an open race? The entire club can bump to P4.

it's a P4 race, but yes, bump ups are welcomed... we are using VRRA P4 rules
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby marshall498 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:31 pm

racerdude413 wrote:As far as i know the sound testing will still be in effect, if you plan on participating make sure,you make your exhaust as quiet as possible.

If you have doubts, DB Dawg makes the db's come down about 5 DB...
http://www.hyderacing.com/db_dawg.htm

We had a few FZR 400 there in the past that sounded pretty loud and they passed with a DBdawg...

I would like to DB test at shannonville to give people an idea if they are in the ball park,...

I would love to have a chance to see if my bike will pass the noise test.

If there is going to be a grid maximum, and you get 65 people signed up, what will happen then? $245 per person, to only be able to practice seems a tad excessive.
marshall498

Next

Return to Club Announcements