Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

Volunteer Status for Shannonville

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

Volunteer Status for Shannonville

Postby Bob Smith » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Hello good members. Just 6 weeks to our first event. I am currently organizing those people who have volunteered onto the roster, and have sent a number of emails to quite a few others to check their availablity and commitment.

There were no emails to the volunteer mailbox (volcoor@hotmail.com) after my article in the last BM, so if you normally provide us with valuable help in any of the following areas and I have not been in contact as yet, please contact me. Here is the status of our current volunteer requirements..

Registration - 4 of 8 spots confirmed (awaiting some return emails)
Track Setup - 2 of 4 spots confirmed
Tech Inspection - All spots confirmed
Pit Out - 1 of 4 spots confirmed (awaiting some return emails)
Pit In - 0 of 6 spots confirmed (awaiting some return emails)
Grid Marshalling - 2 of 4 spots confirmed
Bike Pickup/cleanup - 2 of 4 spots confirmed
Souvenir/Parade lap sales - 2 of 4 spots confirmed
Timing/Scoring - 2 of 4 spots confirmed

I am certain you will look at the list of roles and say, that role is required and hey, I could do that. I am asking that you do just that and let me know at volcoor@hotmail.com where we can use you, and which events (if you know you can help out at events past Quinte, please let me know how many! For everyones benefit, we can always uses extras for each area as we are all racers and get busy at times. If more folks can help it means less commitment by all, so err on the side of volunteering rather than not.

Remember, with a few hours spent, lunch, with a few more hours spent, free gate admission and so on.

Thanks for your consideration, email address is open 24/7. I will continue to provide updates for these important roles as the list fills.

Bob
Bob
When in doubt, give it gas. It may not help the situation, but it will end the suspense!
Bob Smith
VRRA Member

Re: Volunteer Status for Shannonville

Postby Dewey » Sat May 25, 2013 9:30 am

How are you making out?
Roadracing motorcycles makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.
Peter S. Egan
Dewey
VRRA Member

Postby Pat Nicholson » Mon May 27, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi All, I was just checking the website and saw the note from Bob, i also noted that is is for the 2012 season. I am very relieved to let you know that i have had a good response from those I have approached to volunteer for us at Shannonville 2013. If any of you think you can fit some volunteering into your busy schedules please let me know as I would love to add you to my database :lol: Thanks to those of you who have entered as you can see from Brent's post things are looking up for us.
See you all next weekend. Be sure to do your Salutations to the Sun!!! :)
Pat
Pat Nicholson
VRRA Member

Postby Pat Nicholson » Mon May 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Many thanks to Paul Dewey for joining one of our teams - look for him at the Souvenir booth where you can get all your seasonal gifts.
Regards
Pat
Pat Nicholson
VRRA Member

Postby Mike Heggarty » Mon May 27, 2013 10:36 pm

Hi Pat,
We are planning to beat Toronto by driving thru Thursday night after hours so will be there for Friday morning with nothing else but set up plans. Happy to offer some help Friday if needed. Mark doesn't know it yet..
Cheers.
Mike H # 815
Team Tenacious
Mike Heggarty
VRRA Member

Return to Club Announcements