Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

VRRA AT THE RIDE FOR SITE

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

VRRA AT THE RIDE FOR SITE

Postby johnG#248 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:50 am

The VRRA will be setting up a display at this years Ride for Sight at Tudhope Park in Orillia June 17,18,19, 2011. http://www.rideforsight.com/central_ontario.php So I'm putting out the call to any local members that wish to display their bike or attend. If I don't get any takers the Ride for Sight people are just going to think we only race 2 strokes! :mrgreen: Right now I've got Graham & Joanne , James Hill, Vince McNeil, and Steve Hoffarth who came up with this swell idea . We plan on selling Blues CD's donated by Electro-Fi Records to raise some money for RFS. Might even have some local talent belt out a few songs Saturday afternoon to stir up a little interest in our booth, after all it is the home town of Gordie Lightfoot. Looks like a great location and if we get the weather it should be a great event, I might even arrive by boat on the Saturday.

I should mention that we will be set-up out side the gate with the other vendors, which is good as far as we should get more traffic as people walking by don't have to pay in that area. Being out side the gate RFS is providing over night security to keep an eye on things,...but.

Set-up is Thursday June 16th between Noon & 8pm.

Hey how do I get the VRRA Banner that we display at trade shows ?
VRRA member
johnG#248
VRRA Member

Re: VRRA AT THE RIDE FOR SITE

Postby Colin Duncan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:16 am

I currently have the VRRA booth set up. I unfortunately couldn’t get it to the TT due to all the Wife’s crap for her bike!!!

Anyway, I am heading to the US on Saturday, so I can not deliver. You (or someone) are more than welcome to pick it up. Let me know and we can make arrangements.

It’s in Brighton, close to Trenton.

Cheers.
Better to bodge and ride, than polish and hide!
Colin Duncan
VRRA Executive

Postby Neal Howes » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:10 pm

I have found few pieces of the frame in my truck when unloading this week, not sure for which display. Did anyone have problems getting a display setup?
Neal Howes
VRRA Member

Postby Colin Duncan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:15 pm

First time we ever set it up. Can't say anything was missing.
It didn't fall down so we thought it was good.
Kind off like riding Eh!
Better to bodge and ride, than polish and hide!
Colin Duncan
VRRA Executive

Postby Motoshire747 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:20 pm

The forecast is full of sunshine as we countdown to the 2011 Ride for Sight, this weekend at Orillia’s Tudhope Park!

Friday, June 17th- Event Highlights:

Registration opens at 9:00 a.m.
Demo rides by Harley-Davidson, Suzuki, Yamaha and Honda throughout the day
Freestyle Motocross Stunt Shows performed by Jason Thorne
Ride for Sight Marketplace featuring everything from clothing and accessories to delicious food and snacks
Beer Garden opens at Noon
Evening entertainment featuring Glory Days (Bruce Springsteen Tribute) and Johnny Rev and The Pushrods

Saturday, June 18th– Kick Off & Parade
Paradise Banquet & Convention Centre (7601 Jane Street)
You won’t want to miss out on the biggest motorcycle parade in the country. If you haven’t participated before, we promise you an incredible experience!

Registration open from 7:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Free Pancake Breakfast hosted by Dalton Timmis Insurance and prepared by the chefs of Liaison College Culinary Arts program.
Meet with friends over a delicious hot cup of coffee, courtesy of Van Houtte Coffee Services
Music will be provided by Q107
Special announcements and guests on stage
Parade will be led by O.P.P. motorcycles
Parade departs at 10:00 a.m. sharp – Don’t be late!
*Parade is expected to arrive at Orillia’s Tudhope Park at approximately Noon.

Saturday, June 18th – Event Highlights in Tudhope Park, Orillia
Motorcycle parade arrives (Noon)
Take a demo ride on the newest bikes from Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda and Harley-Davidson
Show n’ Shine presented by Classy Chassis & Cycles (3:00 p.m.)
O.P.P. Golden Helmets Precision Riding Team performs (2:00 p.m.)
Bike Games hosted by HGTV’s Jim Caruk,and presented by Stanley Hand Tools (3:00 p.m.)
Marketplace
Beer Garden
Freestyle Motocross Stunt Show (3 shows throughout the afternoon)
Live concerts by Liverpool Echo (BeatlesTribute Band), Busted Again, Chameleon
Canadian rockers, Chilliwack will close out the celebrations on Saturday night – Don’t miss it!
There will be plenty to see and do. More event details can be found on our website. Just fundraise a minimum of $75 and your entire weekend is free. If you raise a $1,000 or more, you will automatically become a High Miler, which entitles you to V.I.P. placement in the motorcycle parade, Ride for Sight Event T-Shirt, amazing awards, and a special appreciation steak dinner and recognition ceremony on Saturday evening. You can join this amazing group of fundraisers by registering for online fundraising at www.rideforsight.com or download a pledge sheet to collect donations. Remember, 100% of all donations collected by Ride for Sight will go to the Foundation Fighting Blindness and towards much needed vision research.
Steve #7forty7
Motoshire747
VRRA Member

Postby jim kots » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:34 pm

I will be driving to Kingston Wed and Thursday I can bring the gear to TO.

If you still need transport let me know

416-763-0102 res
613-219-7399 cell

Jim
jim kots
VRRA Member

Postby johnG#248 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Thanks Jim but I don't need it for RFS, Steve has a banner that we will use this weekend.
VRRA member
johnG#248
VRRA Member

Return to Club Announcements