Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

2011 Quebec GP Info

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

Re: 2011 Tremblant Info

Postby racerdude413 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:18 pm

Ken McAdam wrote:Have you had a look at the contract yet? I know that MT likes all kinds of bizarre stipulations on the contract. One being that the owner at any time can cancel the date for personal use. Meaning that should he choose to take his Ferarri out with his buddies, you pack up and leave. Golo was telling me about the crazy contract at our last round. I know Colin had issues at the beginning where they wouldnt allow pit bikes, coolers, and BBQs at the nationals. I think they ironed out some of that stuff but everything is a fight and the guy who owns the place has no use for motorcycles. If this could be put together and you dont conflict the date with mine I would love to ride the track.

We have good contact that has been running track days there successfully for the last 3 seasons, i have personnaly camped, bbq'd, cooler and rode a pit bike there.

The story about the owner taking over the track is a story that has been going around for a long time, it maybe in MT contracts but it has never happened.
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby thelittleguy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:46 pm

Thanks Dom for the Db readings, very helpfull, looks like my bikes could be quiet enough
Steve
thelittleguy
VRRA Member

Postby thelittleguy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:47 pm

Forgot to ask, where is the club Db counter, I used to look after it when I was Tech chair. Would like to borrow it sometime
Steve
thelittleguy
VRRA Member

Postby racerdude413 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:43 pm

For the noise there is a cheap option for people that are real close to the limit, it's called the DB Dawg, it reduces about 4 decibels at a stoped 50% RPM (the test at calabogie).

I could probably get a package deal going if enough are interested, or you can get them thru any of your dealers.
http://www.ignitionproducts.com/Ignition/mufflers.html

The other option is the hindle sthealth cans, with the added noise reducer, i believe most bikes would pass with this exhaust. (thats what i will put on my bike)
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby Steve Humphrey » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:41 pm

Are there date options at least that can be posted?
Steve Humphrey
VRRA Member

Postby brian-d #43 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Are there date options at least that can be posted?

CART BEFORE THE HORSE!!! Let's follow the program and IF we get enough interest from our members THEN I will be in a position to sign a contract and request firm dates. At this point we're looking at sometime in mid-July.

Brian D. #43
Competition Coordinator
If you're not having fun, why bother!!
brian-d #43
VRRA Member

Postby Malcolm Lake » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:13 pm

Perhaps I'm too Auld...or too disillusioned. I'm fed up with the police state in Ontario that has more powers than a judge. I'm too tired with our so called elected representatives ignoring the people. I'm too tired with the hydro companies turning off power plants before we have the means to replace the generated power, and costing me more to boot. I'm too tired with local politics not listening to the people. I'm too tired of adjusting my life to fit a rather nebulous path to the future. I'm certainly too tired with the VRRA changing the rules that I built the EX to. So therefore I'm more then grumpy at best trying to make my bikes fit some NIMBY homeowner's noise restrictions. The rest of you can just mold yourself to someone else's vision of the future but I'm not willing to participate. If it means getting out of racing... as I said to Jan last night...maybe it's time. Don't want to but I'm not going to tilt at windmills. Premature perhaps...but maybe for the first time in my life, premature is just OK.

Mal
Malcolm Lake
VRRA Member

Postby Stormn#712 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:48 pm

-
-
Malcom,

You seem tired ? :?: Get some needed rest. :wink: .and come have fun with us. You will have a good time.
Cheers
-
-
Some simpletans are feeverishly anti-fur but leather seems ok to their logic.? It's easier to attack rich ladies than bikers . #712
Stormn#712

Postby Motoshire747 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:18 pm

I’m so excited I can hardly keep my pants on!! :shock: :shock:

I could do 50 Ride For Sight Promotions and the combined effort would still not do as much for the club as us going to Tremblant. Mosport & Tremblant :?: We will be the envy of the Road Racing Community in Canada. :D

Here’s my plan:
• Repack my Exhaust Can this winter…Cost –cheap cause I can borrow my neighbors rivet tool (that will save some cash, cause they are like $10 a Princess Auto)
• Back up plan is to take a Stock Exhaust Can off of anything newish (cheap off ebay), Get a mid-pipe bent for it (local guy in town- cheap) and use it if need be…

…So the stock can is really heavy and I may have to monkey with the jetting slightly (how about we get that Dyno guy from NB at the TT in ’11? :idea: ) and it’s slightly out of period…

Simple, easy cheap and there is no way I’m getting black flagged at Tremblant. 8)

I spend way more time and money between race weekends. Cheque is in the mail monday :!:

Plus the French crew hosting us and trying to top the NB crew (yes, thats a challenge :!: )

Hope to see you there! :D

Thanks Brian D.
Steve #7forty7
Motoshire747
VRRA Member

Postby mike burke » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:17 am

Brian D. wrote:
........ IF enough of us sign up (STRICT minimum
of 135 riders) by November 4th, 2010 THEN I will be asking for a date from Circuit
Mont-Tremblant. So at this point in time, it is up to all of us to look at the information we
have available to us and each make a decision.

It's Oct 3rd, how will Members be notified of this important deadline Brian? Apparently per recent Exec claims only 50% of our membership participate online.
As the deadline is so very close, this I suggest is a case that warrants a separate mailing to the membership (more so that the last special mailing...but I digress..), perhaps included with the ballots and adjust the deadline? Just a suggestion.

If we are going to do this especially within a tight time frame we need to plan and include all members, if 10 of us take on phoning 20 people or similar approaches can work but it takes co-ordination. Reach out to Pat and Jim if you haven't already, one of whom will be responsible for next season. Let me know what I can do to help!
Mike

Grampa #227

Enjoy life!
mike burke
VRRA Member

Postby brian-d #43 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:39 am

Mike Burke wrote:
...if 10 of us take on phoning 20 people or similar approaches can work but it takes co-ordination...

Exactly! If you know of a member who doesn't have access to our website, inform him of the situation. For the idea of racing at Tremblant, I'm pretty sure he'll appreciate you letting him know. I expect word of mouth will let most all of our members in on what's happening and we'll get the response we are all hoping for.

Brian D. #43
brian-d #43
VRRA Member

Postby Colin Duncan » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:44 am

A few questions,

1. Would the plan be for a Friday practice day? Three days may sweeten the deal as some Saturday practice sessions have been cut very short recently. Also gives time to be “flagged” and changes made.

2. If the event does not happen, will our money be returned? I presume it will be, but this has been asked already and I don't see an answer yet.

3. Is 135 the “break even point”? Has the club ever had 135 or more at an event? How much “loss” could the club tolerate to build and promote a new event? I think a reasonable amount should be considered based on the current financial situation of the club. (I have no idea what that is.)

4. Would it be possible to run a test again at the TT? Could we allocate 30 minuets of track time to allow riders to start single file at pit out, enter the track singly at even intervals, know where the meter is located, be able to pass at full throttle and exit at pit entrance. (not one full lap.) I would imagine that we could put a large amount of bikes through if organized well.

5. Could we know the weekends that are already booked, i.e. what weekends that we know the VRRA can not have. This may help people with rotating work schedules to consider if they can participate.

6. What will plan ”B” be for Quebec next year if Tremblant can't happen?

Karen and I plan on attending, I will attempt to find the ugliest looking “stock” pipe I can to keep with the cosmetics of the ZX7R. Karen will source stock cans for her ZX5R!

Malcolm, I hear your pain. I figure that eventually the “average guy” will become the minority eventually and then someone may listen to us!

Thanks in advance for answers, also Thanks to all involved so far with this initiative.

Cheers,
Colin
Better to bodge and ride, than polish and hide!
Colin Duncan
VRRA Executive

Postby Dewey » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:46 am

MT 1982
Roadracing motorcycles makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.
Peter S. Egan
Dewey
VRRA Member

Postby brian-d #43 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:52 am

So Dewey? By the looks of those photos, you will be making an appearance a full 29 years later? :)

Brian D. #43
brian-d #43
VRRA Member

Postby tlroldman » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:02 am

since when vintage means noisy ??? I remember correctly DB for bikes as long i can remember were 88db for production bikes and if it means to go on ebay and by a cheap oem muffler from another brand and make it fit...so be it , the horsepower lost..i'll be slower and i will enjoy the track longer.. i tought that Vintage racing meant friendship, fun, being able to build a bike that most people would trow away, being able to personnalised it , to make a fork brace with wood(period legal) to cover it with jeans and a shirt , to have a laugh , it's a pow wow and it's at Tremblant , a superb track, the main thing is to stay on two wheels have a fun and safe weekend of racing, to bring people from aroung to look at us , vintage racers with our vintage bikes, to have them wonder if they can get that old bike from the basement and come racing with us, to bring more members by exposure....i don't know about the 135 entrees but we should have a plan B to fill in just in case...i know that some of the motorcycle community will certainly show to watch some racing , I sure hope to see you all there.... and by the way Steve i'll be available to work on those carbs if you go with a stock pipe
P.S if you pick a weekend make sure it is a sunny one, i want to take a swim in the lake behind the pits.
tlroldman
VRRA Member

PreviousNext

Return to Club Announcements