Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

2011 Quebec GP Info

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

Re: 2011 Quebec GP Info

Postby sproutrs125 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:41 am

The cheque is in the mail. Not to worried about the little RS. I can make it a bit quieter. But HOW does Treblant do there sound testing?

Stephen
sproutrs125

Postby mike burke » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:30 pm

Brian, how many so far??
mike burke
VRRA Member

Postby Karen #499 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:25 am

OK - 2 more entries in the mail. Colin's bike passes according to the tests and mine is a complete unknown, but we are hoping we have found the original 1987 stock EX500 cans in Smith Falls.

I have no idea how to "quote" a previous post, but is it now close enough to the deadline, to maybe call members as Gary suggested? I will volunteer to phone a bunch of people as well.
KFC Racing (Karen, Fiona and Colin)

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
Karen #499

Postby Motoshire747 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Come On Folks!

By now you should have got those cheques in that you had to order :roll: (just trying to think of a potential excuse) They are not going to cash it anyway.

If you get invited to the Playboy Mansion (or the Playgirl Mansion -Karen :lol: ) are you going to sit around and wine that you have to buy a new robe & slippers or are you going to send in your confirmation? :D

Let's make something happen!
Steve #7forty7
Motoshire747
VRRA Member

Postby brian-d #43 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:00 pm

Steve's right, folks.

C'MON, GET IN ON THE FUN!

I will have 2 bikes next season and intend to bring them both even though I have NO IDEA how noisy the T20 is going to be. I am signed up and will be supporting this adventure 100%! I know it's easy for me to say knowing that I have at least 1 bike that will pass the noise test, but maybe some of you might want to support the cause of getting our foot in the door at Tremblant even if your bikes DON'T pass the test?

Only 2 weeks left to sign up!!!!!!

Brian D. #43
Competition Coordinator

This post has been edited to add the magic number of people signed up to date. As of tonight (October 22nd, 2010) Tim Stover has received 20 entries. Tim has told me that he has a BIG mailbox and can handle the volume, so GET YOUR ENTRIES IN NOW!!!
If you're not having fun, why bother!!
brian-d #43
VRRA Member

Postby brian-d #43 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:09 am

********************************UPDATE********************************

As of friday, October 29th, Tim Stover has received a grand total of 31 entries. VERY disappointing. Unless he receives over 100 more entries before thursday night, it looks like we will have no choice but to scrap the idea and look elsewhere for our Quebec G.P. in 2011.

C'MON PEOPLE! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

Brian D. #43
Competition Coordinator
If you're not having fun, why bother!!
brian-d #43
VRRA Member

Postby TimV » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 am

Looks like approx. 1/3 of those signed up are from the North Bay Crew. I wasn't going to bother at first because of the noise limits, knowing full well that my P2 Honda is way too loud. But I'll throw together something if I have to, to ride "Le Circuit".

Tim Voyer #840

CMR Suzuki TR750 Replica
CMR-Seeley 350 Replica
1971 P1 CB350

Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you're donating blood.
TimV
VRRA Member

Postby Motoshire747 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:02 pm

Tremblant -Last Call

I should just let this go, but I can't...

1. It disturbes me that we have 30 or 40 registrations, but when The question was asked at the AGM "Who wants to go to Tremblant but hasn't sent in a cheque" 80% of the hands in the room went up.

2. About 3 weeks before the AGM we had about 40 registrations, we decided we should expect 80-100 attendees. We ended up with 150 attendees.

Early in this discussion there was a comment on a phone blitz to all the members which was dismissed.

Would the executive be willing to give as one more chance to drum up support for this event? Allow us a week to call members and ask them to send in a cheque within days of the call? Give me a list I will organize a team to make the calls. A "no" on the phone is fine. This would be the last effort to make this happen if it doesn't work for this year we can move on it's then obvious the membership didn't want it.

Thoughts?
Steve #7forty7
Motoshire747
VRRA Member

Postby Dave M » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:08 am

Count on my support for this Steve- I'll help you make the calls.

I want to race this track!!!

Dave M
The trouble with trouble is that it starts out as fun.
Dave M
VRRA Member

Postby Ken Hill » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:47 am

I have 2 stock mufflers off early-mid 2000's gixxer 600/750's if any of you guys are looking for mufflers to meet the req. Wouldn't be hard to make a adaptor to put it on, square plate with 4 holes and a tapererd cone to fit your pipe.
#620 Don't race what you can afford , race what you can afford to destroy.
Ken Hill
VRRA Member

Postby Karen #499 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Once again, I will volunteer to call people - I will call all 250 myself if thats what it takes :lol:
KFC Racing (Karen, Fiona and Colin)

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
Karen #499

Postby gary holden » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:11 pm

My offer to make phone calls still stands.Do we have the names of the people who put up their hands at the AGM :roll: ? OK,maybe not.But we do know who was in attendance,and who already sent checks,er..czechs,er...cheques,that's it.So lets phone blitz the rest of the AGM crowd for starters.
Half-fast Racing 401
gary holden
VRRA Member

Postby mixstup » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:11 pm

How much do I have to send and who too?

mick
member#1400 race#75
Thanks to Denis and Byron at CMR Racing Products , Phil Havens and all at Thornbury Home Hardware and Jim Keast
mixstup

Postby TimV » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:17 am

$40,000 payable to VRRA...

Check the first page for links and pricinghttp://www.vrra.ca/board/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13957&start=0, but the deadline has passed....

mixstup wrote:How much do I have to send and who too?

mick
Tim Voyer #840

CMR Suzuki TR750 Replica
CMR-Seeley 350 Replica
1971 P1 CB350

Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you're donating blood.
TimV
VRRA Member

Postby mike burke » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:10 pm

Why more hands raised than money sent? Despite Brian's initial attempts and the passionate few working behind the scenes, efforts including those of Dom and others willing to take on the task, the executive has clearly not endorsed any effort and remain quiet other than token statements. Unfortunately the unrealistic goal given to Brian's efforts made it clear that it was a setup to fail, we can't get that type of pre-commitment for Mosport after all these years yet alone a new venue. We HAD the opportunity to build on the positive momentum, instead at the AGM we again for all intents and purposes dismissed the whole subject with the only direction coming being negative responses from Pat our new Comp Co-ord while debating Dom on the subject.

So, if the exec had set realistic Goal's and identified AND COMMUNICATED the actions and or plans based upon the various response results scenerio's more people would have and will participate, however many such as myself are not into the game playing and the discussion at the AGM made it clear Tremblant is not in the vision of our past and current leadership. A shame isn't it when I know passion can overcome many obstacles, "Built it and they will come.". What were/are the next steps if any?

Tremblant will happen folks, if not this year soon because those that really want it to happen will make it happen one way or another (just like those CVMG guys that spun off and ended up with a Mosport date), and perhaps the good thing is that some VRRA members will be able to participate, the sad thing is that these initiatives and risks will be taken outside of the VRRA and in years to come perhaps may be the only organization left that some of the bikes we ride today may get a chance to be on a track again while others relegated to CVMG concourse displays.

Keep moving backwards and you know where you will end up especially when the previous "players" are now as obsolete as the vision.
Mike

Grampa #227

Enjoy life!
mike burke
VRRA Member

Previous

Return to Club Announcements