Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

2011 Quebec GP Info

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

Re: 2011 Tremblant Info

Postby racerdude413 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:36 am

Dave W wrote:
So question, if I sign up and pay this year and I find that it still fails at Quinte in 2011, do I get a refund?

Dave W,
# 66

There will be no refunds for getting black flaged at the track, normal refunds still apply, if you are unable to attend prior to the weekend, you can still apply for a refund thru the usual chanels. Some people could get injured before or end up having a wedding to go to on that date, we can expect members to forfeit 110$ because they cant attend...
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby Dewey » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:12 am

How are you getting the word out to those less web savy?
Why do you need the cash up front? Not req'd for any other race.
Roadracing motorcycles makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.
Peter S. Egan
Dewey
VRRA Member

Postby racerdude413 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:26 am

Dewey wrote:How are you getting the word out to those less web savy?
Why do you need the cash up front? Not req'd for any other race.

I dont think its about the cash, its about the commitment...

if you are willing to send your check a year ahead of time, you must be serious about going.
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby Dewey » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:06 pm

racerdude413 wrote:I dont think its about the cash, its about the commitment...

Commitment would be if the announcement was "We signed the cheque, Tremblant is on"
Roadracing motorcycles makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.
Peter S. Egan
Dewey
VRRA Member

Postby racerdude413 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:31 pm

Dewey wrote:
racerdude413 wrote:I dont think its about the cash, its about the commitment...

Commitment would be if the announcement was "We signed the cheque, Tremblant is on"

I mean from the members, if the members are ready to make the commitment to go, if riders are not going to go (mostly because of the sound issue), then the VRRA wont book it.

If it was up to me it would be booked already and i would be telling you guys to scream it from the rooftops...
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby Dewey » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:48 pm

racerdude413 wrote:If it was up to me it would be booked already and i would be telling you guys to scream it from the rooftops...

That was my point...at ths rate the current exec will be known as almost pulling off a great thing. If the big cheque were in Tremblant's hands, those involved would not be PO'd at our enthusiasm but reveling in it.
Peter S. Egan
Dewey
VRRA Member

Postby pacomotorstuff » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:53 pm

To help us all out with the Trebby noise thing, is there a possibility that for only Mt. Tremblant, the Tech Committee could waive the "no Carbon fiber, no Stainless steel" ban on just mufflers? I'm not talking about letting some yabbo show up and run with a 6 stage diffuser head pipe 4 into 1 collector system total TI system for his GXer, I'm talking about the can (muffler) only.
I'm looking at muffling a P1 two stroke that never had mufflers to begin with and also a 560 Rotax single. Both bikes are gonna require some massive muffling...and holy jeez, they're going to weigh a ton.
I'm just asking...
Tell me what you think.
Thanks,
Pat Cowan,
Pacomotorstuff
pacomotorstuff
VRRA Member

Postby racerdude413 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:22 pm

I dont care if a T-1000 brings you a bucket of nimetic poly-alloy straight from a post judgement day cyberdyne factory... if it helps your bike be quiet, put it on...
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby stewartgreer » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Just out of curiosity, if you guys really restrict the exhaust to meet noise requirements, won't that mean some serious re-jetting and test and tune type stuff? Just for one event, sounds like a lot of bother for just one weekend, plus changing it all back for the next race.
Unless tremblant was used as the last event of the year that is.
Allowing more modern exhaust for just one event seems like a reasonable request, but then you are shelling out more money for one event and what if after the can, the jetting, all the messing around, you show up and BAM, TOO LOUD...GO HOME!!!
Lots of stuff to consider, and hey, I'm not even racing!
stewartgreer

Postby racerdude413 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:36 pm

stewartgreer wrote:Just out of curiosity, if you guys really restrict the exhaust to meet noise requirements, won't that mean some serious re-jetting and test and tune type stuff? Just for one event, sounds like a lot of bother for just one weekend, plus changing it all back for the next race.

Unless tremblant was used as the last event of the year that is.

Why does it have to be for one event, why not have your bike quiet all the time, so when we go back the next year or seek other venues (like calabogie) we dont have to go thru all this again.

Last event of the year could be an idea... Grand finale at the premiere track in canada...mmm i like it...

one step at a time :)
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby Michael Vinten » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:58 pm

2h. Where noise restrictions are in force, the VRRA will follow the rules of the track. All machines must conform to the noise rules in effect at the track. It is recognized that mufflers that are not consistent with the period may have to be installed to comply with the noise regulations.

This rule from the current rulebook Part A, allows modern mufflers. I doubt however that any muffler will make my 250cc single 2 stroke quiet enough to pass. One big source of noise for many of us is the lack of an airbox to quieten the intake noise and of course air cooled engines are inherently noisier. Something to work on during 6 months of winter!
Mike #19
Michael Vinten
Tech Committee

Postby racerdude413 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:44 pm

Michael Vinten wrote:2h. Where noise restrictions are in force, the VRRA will follow the rules of the track. All machines must conform to the noise rules in effect at the track. It is recognized that mufflers that are not consistent with the period may have to be installed to comply with the noise regulations.

This rule from the current rulebook Part A, allows modern mufflers. I doubt however that any muffler will make my 250cc single 2 stroke quiet enough to pass. One big source of noise for many of us is the lack of an airbox to quieten the intake noise and of course air cooled engines are inherently noisier. Something to work on during 6 months of winter!

Thanks Mike, but my answer was funnier :wink:
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby thelittleguy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:13 pm

Just asking
Can that modern silencer be placed under the seat?????
Are we saying modern silencers are allowed?There are noise restrictions at most tracks now. Do we allow new silencers , just make sure they are at least 2 ft from your seat?????????
Seems to me that if we can use modern quiet silencers , who gives a toss where they exit, at least if they are under the seat , no one would notice they are modern?
Just sayin
Steve
thelittleguy
VRRA Member

Postby jim kots » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:40 am

Steve,

You need to direct you question to the Tech Coordinator to have it properly ignored. There is a rule change from last year to allow underseat exhausts on P4 4 strokes, Underseat exhaust should be acceptable for 2 strokes from P3 forward bikes made post 1972.

The carbon fibre canisters fights the look of earlier bikes but as a one off race, may be allowed due to wording of rules. What is installed for a one off race may end up remaining for subsequent races and become an issue for some. I would get a clear decision from Tech before building or buying any parts.

Jim
jim kots
VRRA Member

Postby johnG#248 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Cheque Sent ! I'll be talking 2 other members into sending theirs in now as well .
VRRA member
johnG#248
VRRA Member

PreviousNext

Return to Club Announcements