Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

2011 Quebec GP Info

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

Re: 2011 Tremblant Info

Postby Dewey » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:22 am

I have a can I have never used...thought it would choke things down tooo much....glad I kept it.

If I may put the cart b4 the horse, I have both a P4F1 and a P4F2 m/c I would like to ride both at MT. I guess what I'm saying is, any chance these races could be split?

I was just on the WERA site, thanks Dom!
Roadracing motorcycles makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.
Peter S. Egan
Dewey
VRRA Member

Postby racerdude413 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:27 am

These answers are not official, i am not part of the executive this is information i have gathered here and there....

Colin Duncan wrote:A few questions,

1. Would the plan be for a Friday practice day? Three days may sweeten the deal as some Saturday practice sessions have been cut very short recently. Also gives time to be “flagged” and changes made.There wasnt a plan for it at first, it would bring cost way up

2. If the event does not happen, will our money be returned? I presume it will be, but this has been asked already and I don't see an answer yet.

3. Is 135 the “break even point”? Has the club ever had 135 or more at an event? How much “loss” could the club tolerate to build and promote a new event? I think a reasonable amount should be considered based on the current financial situation of the club. (I have no idea what that is.)
we usually have over 160 riders at mosport, around 120 for shannonville,

4. Would it be possible to run a test again at the TT? Could we allocate 30 minuets of track time to allow riders to start single file at pit out, enter the track singly at even intervals, know where the meter is located, be able to pass at full throttle and exit at pit entrance. (not one full lap.) I would imagine that we could put a large amount of bikes through if organized well.
I was thinking that too, if we book tremblant we could probably run a test a shannonville to test people's new quiet exhausts

5. Could we know the weekends that are already booked, i.e. what weekends that we know the VRRA can not have. This may help people with rotating work schedules to consider if they can participate. Second weekend in July will be the the first choice (same weekend as ste-croix last year)

6. What will plan ”B” be for Quebec next year if Tremblant can't happen?
F#$% plan "B" lets make plan "A" happen

Karen and I plan on attending, I will attempt to find the ugliest looking “stock” pipe I can to keep with the cosmetics of the ZX7R. Karen will source stock cans for her ZX5R!

Malcolm, I hear your pain. I figure that eventually the “average guy” will become the minority eventually and then someone may listen to us!

Thanks in advance for answers, also Thanks to all involved so far with this initiative.

Cheers,
Colin
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby Colin Duncan » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:55 pm

"F#$% plan "B" lets make plan "A" happen "

Dominic, I like the way you think!!!

I will offer to help with further testing at the track. I should be able to borrow another meter if required.
For that matter, anyone close to the Brighton area that wants to test their bike can let me know.
This won't be "full throttle" but it will give a referance to "before and after".
I don't mind hanging out in garages over the winter!

Colin
Better to bodge and ride, than polish and hide!
Colin Duncan
VRRA Executive

Postby cha0s#242 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:26 pm

My check will be in the mail tomorrow, whatever happens.
P.S. : we need to advertise this everywhere. Post on your local forums and get people interested !
I will be putting a link in the racer's section of M4E.com
Steve, if you can put one on GTAmotorcycle.com
I'll also see if it's possible to put one on WERA forums !
Can't wait to ride Tremblant again.
Those of you that are looking for excuses instead of solutions obviously don't know what you're missing... Tremblant is like a much nicer Mosport, a world class track with smooth pavement, set in beautiful surroundings. The layout is even cooler than Mosport, with a better balance of tight technical corners and fast flowing balls out sweepers. Definately THE premier venue in Canada and one of the nicest in North America.
LET'S GO RAAAAACINNNNNNNNN' :twisted:
Image François Cartier #242, professionnal wildcard.
cha0s#242
VRRA Member

Postby brian-d #43 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:05 pm

Gentlemen!

I have not, as yet, contacted the officials at Circuit Mont-Tremblant so if you all go off half-cocked announcing to the world that we're racing at that venue, you will be making it MORE difficult for our negociations. Please try to stay calm and lets follow the program. Members who want to, sign up and we will count the numbers when the time comes and make our decision based on those numbers.

Brian D. #43
If you're not having fun, why bother!!
brian-d #43
VRRA Member

Postby fmcd » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:47 pm

Good effort Brian and team MT,

I'll come out of retirement for a Tremblant round and would promote this on the Ducati club forum. Of course, the horse. I won't get excited until the ink has dried.

This will be fun,

Fran
McDermott Bros. Ducati afficionados Shawville, QC
Honda RS125r
JJ Cobas Rotax 250

"You start sliding when your heart turns on the juice" – Billie Holiday, 1957
fmcd
VRRA Member

Postby TimV » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:28 pm

How accurate are these cheap meters, like this one from the Source?

http://tinyurl.com/2uwjh85

I'd like to know just how loud my bike is before trying to modify it.
Tim Voyer #840

CMR Suzuki TR750 Replica
CMR-Seeley 350 Replica
1971 P1 CB350

Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you're donating blood.
TimV
VRRA Member

Postby BANDIT » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:37 pm

TimV wrote:How accurate are these cheap meters, like this one from the Source?

http://tinyurl.com/2uwjh85

I'd like to know just how loud my bike is before trying to modify it.

Do the sound meters have to be a certified accepted unit or would one of these be acceptable. Like others have mentioned it'd be a bitch to use this type and find that the numbers are within spec, only to show up at an event and have a different unit pulled out and find that your bike is outside of spec.
Graham Charnock
VRRA #999
RACE #666
I'm the guy you (USED) to look over your shoulder at as you pass me down the long straights.
BANDIT
VRRA Member

Postby cha0s#242 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:17 am

Brian,

How the heck are we going to find 135 pre-entries if we don't advertise ? You're setting a very tough criteria to attain and then making it even harder by not telling everyone. We are getting 150 entries at Mosport, including last minute registrations, an event that's been going on for a long time and is well known to the target audience and then we are supposed to find 135 for Tremblant in a month's time, 10 months before the event itself and without any advertising outside the VRRA ? Get real.

Sorry for being pessismitic, but in these conditions, I don't think it's gonna happen.
Image François Cartier #242, professionnal wildcard.
cha0s#242
VRRA Member

Postby racer361 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:15 am

cha0s#242 wrote:Brian,

How the heck are we going to find 135 pre-entries if we don't advertise ? You're setting a very tough criteria to attain and then making it even harder by not telling everyone. We are getting 150 entries at Mosport, including last minute registrations, an event that's been going on for a long time and is well known to the target audience and then we are supposed to find 135 for Tremblant in a month's time, 10 months before the event itself and without any advertising outside the VRRA ? Get real.

Sorry for being pessismitic, but in these conditions, I don't think it's gonna happen.

like chaos said how can we get in touch with the american .they loved to come to mosport and maybe they will be happy to help us to go tremblant one of the most beautiful track in north america.their pre registration will be a good hand by getting a higher pre entries,just explain the problem and let them be part of the solution if they want .

Martin
racer361

Postby racerdude413 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:38 am

racer361 wrote:
cha0s#242 wrote:Brian,

like chaos said how can we get in touch with the american .they loved to come to mosport and maybe they will be happy to help us to go tremblant one of the most beautiful track in north america.their pre registration will be a good hand by getting a higher pre entries,just explain the problem and let them be part of the solution if they want .

Martin

I have already posted on the WERA vintage forum to see if there is interest from them....
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby BANDIT » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:27 pm

Hey, don't forget the guys over at Caferacer.net I met quite a few of them that really like coming to the Mosport event.
I hope that with some real good info on the track, entry fees, camping etc it may entice them to come out to Tremblant.
Here is a link to their website, they have a great forum and one that is dedicated to "All things Vintage racing"
http://caferacer.net/forum.html
Graham Charnock
VRRA #999
RACE #666
I'm the guy you (USED) to look over your shoulder at as you pass me down the long straights.
BANDIT
VRRA Member

Postby Peter Balfour » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:44 pm

I have no problem making my bike quiter. The writing is on the wall that racing in the future will need to find ways to be quiter. I won't be long until people start moving closer to mosport as cities expand and noise restraints will be the next step, its just a matter of time. It happened to airports already.

What we need is to come up with is a formula for each bike type and recommend what needs to be done by model to meet the requirements. For instance, I run a Supertrapp muffler on my BSA and for about $50.00 worth of disks and a difuser plate I can easily nock at least the 1 db that I require for my bike to be below the limit for Tremblant. We could post the successful modifications on our website to help people get their bikes in line. Once we build a data base of mods the tech committee can add the mod to our rules making it easy to figure out while building race bikes.

Instead of looking at this as a negative, lets look at it as an engineering challenge! Not unlike changes to many racing rules in various motorsport series, F1 constantly have huge changes in their rules. Granted, F1 teams have a slightly larger racing budget than most of our vintage racers. :D

Just a few thoughts...

Peter
'71 BSA B50 P1-500
‘84 Yamaha FJ600
Peter Balfour
Tech Committee

Postby John Crossley » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:27 pm

My cheque will be in the mail this week.
anyone using a hindle or similar exhaust can would be able to use a dB dawg,
lots of 4 stroke motocrossers use these with little to no noticable power loss.
http://www.ignitionproducts.com/Ignition/mufflers.html
If your local shop cant get them, they are in the Motovan catalogue, HB Cycle stocks them.
Call me at the shop, 705 328 2453
John Crossley
John Crossley
Tech Committee

Postby mike burke » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:26 am

And people asked what would bring old members back .... G'day Fran, Croz, Steve ....
Mike

Grampa #227

Enjoy life!
mike burke
VRRA Member

PreviousNext

Return to Club Announcements