Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Club Announcements

Nominations: 18 days and counting

Information, announcements from/for the Executive. Schedule changes,upcoming events. If it's not CLUB business (public domain), it will be deleted!

Nominations: 18 days and counting

Postby Thomas Faulds » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:02 am

Review of the minutes of the AGM since 2006 will confirm the unrest among members.
Frustration,criticism of elected officials and generally abrasive harrassment was evident.
The so-called "old guard" was dominant throughout this time, while new and younger members resisted volunteering for election to an executive position.
The 30th Anniversary year offers a unique opportunity for new blood, members with energy, ambition and the desire to contribute to the continuing success of VRRA.
New and younger members; "stand for election now" let the old guard enjoy retirement,while soliciting their background knowledge and experience to support your drive and initiative.
Prepare the stage for the introduction of P5 in 2012, formulate the rules, study the impact of the increased entry upon our current race schedule and our race venues. Gain concensus and build teams necessary to execute the plan, ready for presentation and member vote at the AGM of 2012.
VRRA history and tradition is important and must be preserved, but to stand still is to go a lap down
18 days; 3 positions open, only two contenders to date. Join the fray,one entry does not constitute a race
Lead the way for change. Get your feet wet and good luck.
Look where you want to go, remember where you have been.
Thomas Faulds
VRRA Member

Re: Nominations: 18 days and counting

Postby racerdude413 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:28 am

Wow Tom, we may not be best friends, but i have to say i am happy to see this kind of support from one of the "old guard" to the newer members that are ready and willing to move the VRRA forward...
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Re: Nominations: 18 days and counting

Postby mike burke » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:09 pm

Tom and I had a good talk at Mosport, and indeed as Dom indicated it is very good to see the vision and foresight Tom has shared and his encouragement for the future. Much of what Jim K. wrote in his nomination note speaks directly to Tom's comments and I am optimistic for the future with people like Jim, Dom, Steve and others. As Tom said, lets get more idea's and people to step forward for this the next generation.
Mike

Grampa #227

Enjoy life!
mike burke
VRRA Member

Return to Club Announcements