Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Pictures & Videos

on board videos

A place to post links to sites that you may have your pictures posted. These sites seem to be very popular right now

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Postby TimV » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:47 pm

Hey Graham, I thought about those systems, but wasn't keen on wearing the hard drive, or strapping it to a bike that could, uh, get launched backwards into a white tire wall in corner two at Mosport. :)

I have two of these:

They are stand alone cams, with a slot for a 1G SD memory card and 4 'AAA' batteries. 1G will hold 1 hour of video, and the (good)batteries usually last that long as well. Sound sucks, as you must have heard from the videos I posted. I reduced the sound quality to bring a couple of the vids down to the 100mb limit, but it's not much better right out of the camera. I've tried epoxying the mic hole on both of them, and it helped a bit, but it still sucks...For $100 each(a couple yrs ago), I thought it would be cheap and fun entertainment. Too bad they don't make them anymore. I have one mounted up front on the right side fairing, and the rear is on top of the tail fairing.

Hook yours up for the Romp. I'm sure it would be much better video and audio than my setup.
Tim Voyer #840

CMR Suzuki TR750 Replica
CMR-Seeley 350 Replica
1971 P1 CB350

Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you're donating blood.
TimV
VRRA Member

Postby LA LA » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:05 pm

they do still make these cameras..

for cheap here is best buy U.S.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 3337209556

or here

http://www.weatherconnection.com/produc ... mky=882426

shame about the video distortion guess all the sd card ones do that
TEAM BOB RACING

"The object is not to win .. but to pass all the guys in front of you
"

BECAUSE ANYONE CAN BE A BOB
LA LA

Postby Scott MacKenzie #617 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:42 pm

thanks Graham..

I had clicked on "Img" box..pasted the link..then the "Img" box again at the end of the link..

why she no worky?

Scott
Don't sweat the petty stuff...and don't pet the sweaty stuff....
Scott MacKenzie #617
VRRA Member

Postby BANDIT » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:56 am

The easiest way is to bring up a picture, any picture on the web should work, right click on it and in the box that appears select Properties. A new box should then appear, look for the line that says Address (URL), highlite the whole line to the right that that starts with http://www. Once that line is highlited right click again and select copy. Now go to the reply page, left click the IMG box, right click the cursor, select paste, left click the *IMG box and then preview.
A picture should appear.
If this does not work, send me your phone number and I'll try and talk you through it.

Cheers, Graham
Graham Charnock
VRRA #999
RACE #666
I'm the guy you (USED) to look over your shoulder at as you pass me down the long straights.
BANDIT
VRRA Member

Postby Scott MacKenzie #617 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:52 am

Hi Graham..that's exactly what I did but when I previewed it this is all I saw..

not too worried about..have 2 bikes in the garage that are in need of full prepping for NB!! thanks though..

Scott
Don't sweat the petty stuff...and don't pet the sweaty stuff....
Scott MacKenzie #617
VRRA Member

Previous

Return to Pictures & Videos