Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Pictures & Videos

On board Norton at Mid-Ohio 2015

A place to post links to sites that you may have your pictures posted. These sites seem to be very popular right now

Moderator: Michael Vinten

On board Norton at Mid-Ohio 2015

Postby Doug MacRae » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:33 pm

On board my '72 short stroke 750 Norton at Mid-Ohio last month

VRRA # 917
AHRMA # 918
Thanks to Walridge Motors and Herb Becker
www.douglasmacrae.com
Doug MacRae
VRRA Member

Re: On board Norton at Mid-Ohio 2015

Postby fmcd » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:07 pm

Doug that thing is pure awesome!

You've done a nice job of editing that vid although maybe some of us could do with less bum shot and more track, old buddy. Actually think your Notrun would pass a typical sound check would it not?

If time allows, please give some of us punters a little overview of what your snorton is about, please.

Very nice, very-very nice,

Francis McDermott
McDermott Bros. Ducati afficionados Shawville, QC
Honda RS125r
JJ Cobas Rotax 250

"You start sliding when your heart turns on the juice" – Billie Holiday, 1957
fmcd
VRRA Member

Re: On board Norton at Mid-Ohio 2015

Postby Doug MacRae » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:29 pm

Hey Fran; Bike is Herb Becker built '72 Norton, stock Commando frame with a few fancy mods to make it handle. I blew my stock stroke motor up really good at Mid-Ohio last year so we decided to do something interesting and Herb built a short stroke 750 with 78 X 80.4mm dimensions. The crank Herb carved out of a piece of billet steel and the head is a brand new one from Fullauto Technologies in Australia. We managed to get an unfinished head with no holes even yet for valves and Herb finished it himself, making a custom smaller combustion chamber and 4mm over inlet valves and 2mm over exhaust, re-locating the spark plugs 1/8" and using smaller 10mm plugs along with slightly raising the rocker arm pivot point.
Long Carillo rods and lightweight pistons are from JS Motorsport. Motor worked well at Mid-Ohio, looking forward to running it at Mosport. Power is suprisingly tractable and not too peaky but it is harder to launch off the line with the new lighter crank but I am figuring it out.
VRRA # 917
AHRMA # 918
Thanks to Walridge Motors and Herb Becker
www.douglasmacrae.com
Doug MacRae
VRRA Member

Return to Pictures & Videos