Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Pictures & Videos

VRRA 2014 Mosport/CTMP Sidecar Final on Sunday

A place to post links to sites that you may have your pictures posted. These sites seem to be very popular right now

Moderator: Michael Vinten

VRRA 2014 Mosport/CTMP Sidecar Final on Sunday

Postby Scott MacKenzie #617 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:14 pm

This is our friends Ryan and Evie from Wisconsin on their brand new RD400 powered sidecar. It was built by them and Ryan's Dad and the build was started only last November..this is only their second outing, the first being Mid Ohio in July where I believe they came 3rd !! incredible machine, fast and beautiful.
Scotty
ps...there is a point in the video where Evie's left foot is in an open spot in the deck near the wheel well..she doesn't know this and moves to go to the left side and her foot is caught wrenching her leg ..OUCH...hence her limp at the awards ceremony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39k3SPiAdr0
Don't sweat the petty stuff...and don't pet the sweaty stuff....
Scott MacKenzie #617
VRRA Member

Re: VRRA 2014 Mosport/CTMP Sidecar Final on Sunday

Postby Paul Boyd » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:57 pm

Great job, Well done,
I did not think an RD tranny would stay together in a sidecar. Is there any site with the build out there.
All my bikes are vintage.
But not when I bought them?
Paul Boyd

Re: VRRA 2014 Mosport/CTMP Sidecar Final on Sunday

Postby rdhunt1 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:16 pm

Paul,
No site with the build but I have LOTS of pictures! I think the RD trans is pretty stout. All gears are just nice used pieces, no undercutting yet. The clutch needs nice plates and springs but even my two wheeler needs them, so its not a sidecar issue. I was far more worried about us being able to stand sidecar racing than the rig making it!

And the toe hole issue is already remedied, that won't happen again.
of course my snowblower has excellent transient throttle response...doesn't yours?
rdhunt1

Return to Pictures & Videos