Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Pictures & Videos

quinte TT p4f2 final video

A place to post links to sites that you may have your pictures posted. These sites seem to be very popular right now

Moderator: Michael Vinten

quinte TT p4f2 final video

Postby alexander8585 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:23 pm

check it out fellas: my first attempt at gopro filming and editing. let me know what cha think.

cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjtNZkNqoAA&feature=youtu.be
Alexander D
alexander8585
VRRA Member

Re: quinte TT p4f2 final video

Postby TimV » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:49 pm

Nice riding Alex. Thanks for sharing the video.

TimV
Tim Voyer #840

CMR Suzuki TR750 Replica
CMR-Seeley 350 Replica
1971 P1 CB350

Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you're donating blood.
TimV
VRRA Member

Postby Yamaha Joe » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:50 pm

great video, thanks for posting.
Midpack Hustler!
Yamaha Joe

Postby Peter Balfour » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:40 pm

So that's what the front of that race looked like! Great video, thanks for posting.
'71 BSA B50 P1-500
‘84 Yamaha FJ600
Peter Balfour
Tech Committee

Postby johnG#248 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:42 am

Thanks for taking the time to do the Video Alex...Sorry about the clutch lever but I was as close to that wall as I cared to get. The lever actually hit my knee, had no idea that it broke :shock:
VRRA member
johnG#248
VRRA Member

Postby alexander8585 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:44 am

No worries John, it was getting pretty close to the wall and we were fighting hard for second and third.
In review of the video I definitely should have stuffed ya into the second to last corner
to take third; you totally left the door open.
Watch out next round! I'll be comin for you and your clutch lever.:-)
Alexander D
alexander8585
VRRA Member

Postby johnG#248 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:55 am

I'll make sure to bring a spare :mrgreen:
VRRA member
johnG#248
VRRA Member

Postby Fastfearnie88 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:08 am

Great ride guys but lets not get carried away. Stuffing is not wise in club racing. Cheers, Col
Fastfearnie88

Postby johnG#248 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:50 pm

Agreed Colin 100%
VRRA member
johnG#248
VRRA Member

Postby jamie barkley » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:20 pm

ya that all looks dangerous to me, decisions being made from pretty far back.
jamie barkley
VRRA Member

Postby alexander8585 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Motorcycle racing dangerous? Noooooooo way.....:-/
I don't think I left anyone in a bad spot by chopping their front wheel or leaving them with no time to take a different line; at least I hope I didn't. There were a couple close quarters passes but nothing offside as far as i can tell; With the exception of the pass on the lap rider in the very last corner. It was not the nicest pass I will agree.
Please feel free to voice (or type in this case) your opinion. I'm not here to start a silly Internet argument I would just like to know what the more seasoned racers of the club think.

Cheers,
Alex D
Alexander D
alexander8585
VRRA Member

Postby Scott MacKenzie #617 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:04 am

well since you asked..here goes

From my perspective in the stands where I was sitting with my wife ,I thought you were totally out of control and I was very surprised that nobody (including yourself) got hurt!

All I saw were drastic (ie.unplanned) passes, riding across the grass, contact with another rider on the front straight (how does that happen?) to the point that I saw some piece of equipment fly through the air! Also, not sure if I was seeing it correctly but did you also push the front end a couple of times through six?

It got to the point that I asked Neal Howes ( who was sitting beside my wife and I ) who was riding the # 85 bike..I believe he was as shocked as I was as to what was going on out there..

I think the last straw was your pass on the last lap on the lapper coming out onto the front straight..from the stands it actually looked like you hit the other rider..if that's not the case then you were dam close. I can't remember if that rider had a rookie vest on or not? not that that is important but is it a good indication to give ample room.

here's a tip...take some time and study some of the really fast guys in this club..the first thing you should notice is that they make it appear to be completely effortless...watch your video about 10 times and look at John Crossley...he's ahead of you (ie.faster) and he looks like he's out for a Sunday ride.
When I started with the club 8 years ago I watched a race with a guy named Hornblower ( and still remember his name to this day). That guy was half a lap ahead of everyone else and I couldn't believe how easy he made it look..unbelievebly smooth and not meaning to re-use the same term but he made it look effortless..in fact in my mind I can still see him riding out there on that day I watched him.

finally, you won't gain a lot of respect within this club riding the way you did that day so you may want to do something about it sooner rather than later..or worst case scenerio, before someone gets hurt. I'm glad I wasn't out there with you because it was scary to watch just from the stands.

sorry you asked?..I hope not

Scott

ps..maybe it looked worse from the stands so I would be curious to hear what the guys you were dicing with have to say?..maybe it was just me watching?
Don't sweat the petty stuff...and don't pet the sweaty stuff....
Scott MacKenzie #617
VRRA Member

Postby racerdude413 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:19 am

I somewhat agree with Scott, from the stands it looked like you were out of control at least a couple of times and i kinda expected you to crash before the end of the race...

The incident with the lapper on the last lap could happen to anyone, including me, when going thru lap traffic we make split second decisions and sometimes i find myself hoping the lapped rider doesnt cut across or there could be contact. If that would have been your only "oh shit" moment of the race than we probably wouldnt be talking about it right now, but it wasnt... If you have a bunch of "oh shit" moments in the same race, you are probably riding a little over your head.

Lets just get something clear, i dont consider you a dirty rider and don't think you would ever do something dangerous on the track on purpose. But i really think you could be a genuine threat to the top of the podium if you take your time and learn to be smooth and crafty as opposed to riding on pure instinct.
Dominic Aubry

When in doubt, gas it!!!
racerdude413
VRRA Member

Postby jamie barkley » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:24 am

alexander8585 wrote:Motorcycle racing dangerous? Noooooooo way.....:-/
I don't think I left anyone in a bad spot by chopping their front wheel or leaving them with no time to take a different line; at least I hope I didn't. There were a couple close quarters passes but nothing offside as far as i can tell; With the exception of the pass on the lap rider in the very last corner. It was not the nicest pass I will agree.
Please feel free to voice (or type in this case) your opinion. I'm not here to start a silly Internet argument I would just like to know what the more seasoned racers of the club think.

Cheers,
Alex D

Racing doesn't need to be that dangerous, I won that race and I am positive you couldn't find anyone who I lapped who thought I was out of control or put them at risk in anyway. I also didn't have to take the grass, or hit anyone. I saw you in the P4F3 race and thought you were dangerous. I have been racing for 21 years, and have seen riders like you come and go. Obviously you are proud of yourself since you posted it here and asked everyone on the forum what we thought, so probably won't hear what people are telling you about this video.
jamie barkley
VRRA Member

Postby thelittleguy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:51 pm

I was in that race , on the second lap I tried to make a pass on fly boy Cambell on his flying RS125, apexed to early in 4 and shot off into the grass , how I managed to run through wet muddy grass on slicks is beyond me. Gave my head a shake and just put my head down and really tried to concentrate on my riding , instead of wanking around like an anorak.I would have loved to have been in the lead group ( i finished 6th) but I am kinda glad I wasnt there.We have some fantastic riders that can race side by side all day with all the respect of everyone on the track, lets keep it that way. I havnt been out much these last last few yrs but I saw some fantastic racing that weekend.Lets keep it that way.
Hope to see everyone in July
Steve
thelittleguy
VRRA Member

Next

Return to Pictures & Videos