Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Pictures & Videos

quinte TT p4f2 final video

A place to post links to sites that you may have your pictures posted. These sites seem to be very popular right now

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Re: quinte TT p4f2 final video

Postby graham bowers » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:25 am

the comments by these guy's should make the light bulb go on?
you don't get to be good by being crazy,you get to be good by being smooth and safe.
i spoke with jordan skoze at an agm i asked him how do you learn to ride so fast.
he told me first learn to ride slow, fast will come after you do that.
graham#370
graham bowers

Postby aly393 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:31 am

to quote the great Kenny Roberts
"learn to go slow to go fast"
I never get tired of watching Stan or Doug Forbes, Stan's bum doesn't even leave his seat!
SMOKING JACKET SMOOTH
try riding at 80% and your technique will improve 150%
Allan
aly393
VRRA Member

Postby Motoshire747 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:12 am

Hey Alex-Be careful what you ask for on Internet forums it might be more dangerous than the race track!

From the stands it was a very exciting Race. From the video it’s an exciting race. ‘Out of control’ can mean a lot of different things-I think your lines were fine(will except for that grass excursion-but if I pull in the clutch on the exit of 7 (simulating a false neutral) I should dip to the inside as you did) Were you aggressive? For sure. Riding at 100% of your and the bikes ability-kinda looked like it. Would I have been surprised if you crashed -no.
Could Jordan go faster on your bike and make it look like less effort? Of course, he could do that with everyone’s bike in the club. I would suggest racing at 90% at your combined bike and rider capability…leave a little in reserve…maybe you did? Only you can say for sure if you were on the edge…be honest-If you were riding at 100% it will hurt you sooner or later or someone else…

Other than that you did really well. Certainly not to blame for the clutch situation (inside line and in front) 'A racing incident' But for the love of Pete- guys be careful…there is no gentle low side out come on the front straight. It’s club racing be safe, crashing sucks and no one needs a permanent injury. For that matter be careful in the corners too.

Comments on lapping:
1. As Dom said, you have to make very quick decisions guessing where you are going to catch the upcoming rider and where will they be at that point, it’s not always easy…sometimes you get pinched off or get a little closer than you planned. (from the video you can see one time when Croz goes around the outside of a lapper, lapper gets spooked and moves inside tightening against Alex)
2. It’s easier if you have a big lead.
3. It’s tougher on an equal or underpowered bike
4. Tougher still on an underpowered bike and fighting for position.

To the lappee’s
Keep racing with us, don’t get down we have all been there. There is no replacement for seat time, schools, track days, or an endurance race (SOAR) will sharpen your skills. I can remember going out in a RACE class and losing them on the warm up lap at my race pace…and remember thinking #$%$%$^! this isn’t going to go very well!
Steve #7forty7
Motoshire747
VRRA Member

Postby Dave M » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:18 pm

The rookie on the receiving end of the bad pass was James Moore, one of our students from the school this year. My wife observed the incident from the stands and says it scared her although she also said James handled it very well. We had previously observed that James was doing quite well all week end so hopefully this won't have bothered him.
It's racing to win but not racing to win at any cost. As has been previously stated Alex, maybe just cut it back a notch or two until the consistancy and smoothness comes.
The trouble with trouble is that it starts out as fun.
Dave M
VRRA Member

Postby Carbon6 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi Dave, The rookie you referred to, James Moore, was in no way upset or put off by the last lap passes. He's been racing karts at that track for the last five years and if you think those passes were rough, you should see the kart kids go! My wife and I were also watching that race and all I said as they caught him was "go easy on him, boys', but then I'm a bit biased, I'm his Dad. I was just hoping he didn't get in their way as they were having a great race and I didn't want James to spoil it.
No worries :D
Carbon6

Postby graham bowers » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:50 pm

welcome to the club james,you did quite well for your first weekend.
graham#370
graham bowers

Postby Carbon6 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:08 am

Hi, this is the lapped rider (James Moore), I thought that was a good pass, I was a bit surprised at the appearance of a bike on the inside, but he had a bit of room, and still would've been fine if I had continued on my original course. But at 5:45 it would have been WAY better if he had gone around the outside of the lapper.
Carbon6

Postby alexander8585 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:01 am

Well I opened a can of worms here didn't I. Haha :-/
I'm not gunna sit here and defend my riding because I think Internet debates are silly.
I do thank you all for your input. I certainly read and thought about everyones opinion.

I am glad James wasn't spooked and will be riding with us in the future as this club is in need of fresh young riders. You definitly have a point about the other lap-pass on the hurricane; it would have worked out a lot better had I went around the outside.... Next time.... Lol

See ya at the next round.

Alex Draper #85
Alexander D
alexander8585
VRRA Member

Postby sproutrs125 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:14 am

Hey Mr Brown hope my line did not aide in your off track experience. Slicks on wet grass are interesting eh?

I have to admit Alex there have been times when I could have passed you but did not because you are so unpredictable out there. I am never sure if you are going to go off or stay on and as most of my passing on the RS is on the outside I do not feel safe to go there. Do not think you are being ganged up on I know a number of riders in our club who ride with you feel the same way. Yes there is an element of danger to the sport but you remind me of a French guy who used to race back in the day. His last name was Pilon and a number of us called him plie-off because by the second or third lap he was in the grass! Smooth out a bit and settle down and I bet you will be even quicker!

Stephen Campbell
sproutrs125

Postby thelittleguy » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:55 am

Not at all Stevo
The reason for my grasscutting was a total brainfart in my lid.
See you next time
Steve
thelittleguy
VRRA Member

Postby cha0s#242 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:49 am

Sorry to kick this controversial thread up.

Like I said to you in person after the race, Alex, it's very important that we give the rookie vest wearing riders extra room on the race track. That's the whole point of rookie vests and it's a very important rule. We are lucky James took it well because this could have another person decide to abandon our club.

Thanks to James for being a cool newbie. If Alex does it again, I'll help you beat the living crap out of him in the pits :lol: Just kidding.

It's okay to make mistakes, as long as we learn from them ;)
Image François Cartier #242, professionnal wildcard.
cha0s#242
VRRA Member

Previous

Return to Pictures & Videos