Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

Loudon classic

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Loudon classic

Postby haybale98 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:47 pm

vintage sidecar teams.
We are a go for the anual sidecar exibition races for the loudon classic on father's day weekend. We get a race each day with some practice time. And since they moved bike week up one week, we also get the monday FIM race. Three days of sidecar racing. and don't forget the Loudon classic exibition races are free!!! I am Co-Directing both events. Please give me a heads up as to who is going to attend. email me at

haybale98@hotmail.com

marcus
haybale98

Postby paul whittaker » Sat May 31, 2008 1:02 pm

Hello Marcus, this is a great deal. question if the FIM is moved up from the July 4-5 weekend, is that event canceled ?
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Postby Bob Coy » Sat May 31, 2008 8:10 pm

The FIM /NAMU race has NOT been moved from July 4,5.

The July 4,5 event is the full FIM / NAMU North American Vintage Road Race Championships.

The race on June 16 is the US Vintage GP. The two days prior to the 16th ... June 14 and 15 are part of the FREE entry invitational for sidecars on the former National weekend like in the past.

June 14,15...Sidecar Invitational - free entry..On LRRS program
June 16...USCRA US Vintage Grand Prix
July 4,5...FIM/NAMU North American Vintage Road Race Championships
Bob Coy

Postby Bob Coy » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:15 pm

I just got back from California this morning to find out that there WILL NOT be sidecar racing at the Loudon Classic this saturday and Sunday...June 14,15. As many know, the track changed ownershio this past winter and even though the sidecars were advertised as being on the program, the past roadblocks were able to be successful this year in keeping them off the schedule. There is still support for them in the administration and it will take retraining. We still have the US Vintage GP on Monday the 16th with TWO sidecar races. The July 4th and 5th FIM/NAMU event should be spectacular.
Bob
Bob Coy

Return to Sidecars