Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

Mid-Ohio

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

Mid-Ohio

Postby limy_1 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:42 am

I attended the SRA event at Shannonville last weekend and enjoyed my self emensly (sp?).

We had a little meeting regarding Mid-Ohio.
They came up with five questions that I then forwarded on to Cindy at AHRMA. Here are the questions and answers:

Here are the questions that came up when we had a meeting amongst the teams.

1) There is one team that may make Mid-O but the question is
the passenger is 16 years old. Sorry no, must be 18 to race.

2) They were aware that SRA-West license was honored at Willow Springs and the VRRA license was honored last year at Mid-O, Would you be willing to honor their license for 1 event?
The AMA membership is understood.
As mentioned AMA membership is mandatory, If you have not raced with AHRMA in the past, we will give you a one event pass on membership, if you have raced in the past you must purchase the license.
3) Would we rope off a prime area for sidecar pits?
We will try but no gaurentees if you arrive after mid morning Friday.

4) What are the options for next year? They appreciate the offer for this season but their schedules are already made but we still just might see a rig here or there. Vintage absolutly, we can talk about moderns while we are at Mid-Ohio.

5) Can they post enter at Mid-O? As stated by me (Roger) pre-enter ASAP but you can contact Cindy no later than the week before you can still race at the pre-entry price.

Here is a link that should give you all the information you would need for Mid-Ohio.
http://www.ahrma.org/previews/vmd.htm
Roger Preston
limy_1
VRRA Member

Postby limy_1 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:55 pm

Lights, Camera, Action!

Thanks to the persistence and creative marketing of AHRMA roadracer Brice Cooper, a film crew from the Lucas Oil On The Edge program, which airs on the SPEED network, will be covering the racing action at Mid-Ohio Vintage Motorcycle Days.

Plans are to feature on-board cameras and complete coverage of the Thruxton Cup and Formula 750 races along with highlights of the other races and action of the day. This is a great way to give back to sponsors by putting on your most professional showing in the paddock and on the track. During the lunch break, spectators will be invited down to the paddock for an autograph session with the riders.
For more information and possible sponsorship please contact Cooper at: briceacooper at aol dot com. (Posted 6/29)
Roger Preston
limy_1
VRRA Member

Postby limy_1 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:00 pm

I will be out of touch for a week, so any questions you may have regarding AHRMA you will have to contact Cindy or wait until I am back on line.
Roger Preston
limy_1
VRRA Member

Postby limy_1 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:47 am

Ok I'm back :?

I must say good on ya.
I have it on very good authority that Officially there are are 4
vintage rigs pre-registered.
Don't forget that you still get in the show without penalty but you need to contact Cindy by the 20th.

As of right now the modern guys are still counting on their fingers and
think they have 6 rigs but Officially have not made the commitment.

If they get on the ball 10 + rigs overall is a fair showing.
Roger Preston
limy_1
VRRA Member

mid ohio

Postby gord » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:05 pm

Hi Roger,my bro may be taking my sidecar down,may need a passenger.I'll tell him you have been on it already, cheers #24
life is a VIcious cycle
gord

Postby limy_1 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:57 pm

I will be there with bells & wistles.

I mean helmet & leathers :oops:
Roger Preston
limy_1
VRRA Member

Return to Sidecars