Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

assorted

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

assorted

Postby chairman » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:16 pm

well sept already did I make it this year no, as usual out of loot and time but next year , but of sidecar interest while going through my stuff I came across a medal I received in 1968 at the klaus grundler benefit race at mosport, as the older guys will know this was lou hermans passenger ,does anyone know what these people are up to today, and a triumph pen with a streamliner in it for their world record in 1962 230 mph ,its out of ink well back to the pit to see what other interesting things are in there
chairman

Postby paul whittaker » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:59 pm

John Edyvean may know if Lue is still kicking, I thought John Allan's record was 214MPH on the Triumph ? The moter was set up initianly by Denis Austin who worked in experimental dept at Triumph in Meridan, and who raced sidecar on the grass with a female passenger. Her parents only went to one event after they heard her swearing while on the track (no idea if it was at Denis or the competition).
I can take the Yamaha job lot, not sure when. thanks, Paul.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

streamliners

Postby chairman » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:55 am

well back again,the 1962 record was the bill johnston ,joe dudek effort what was a few years later in my time it was the gyronaught x1 of leppans out of detroit a twin engine deal well back to sidecars, often admired th BMW outfits I had this urge to try one out but could not pry a ride from anyone maybe I would like it and get carried away anything has got to be better than a 650 yam eyeball spinner,ya I know ther cheap plenty of, and all that its like the 350 honda thing I had not better get going on this, might have to duck, anyways back later with some more nonsense
chairman

Return to Sidecars