Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index VRRA Racing Forum Sidecars

mosport 2006

Discussions to do with sidecars.

Moderator: Michael Vinten

mosport 2006

Postby chairman » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:21 pm

ian sorry to here about the dog a great family member well wasnt there to provide some competion but I will be back pipes blazing dont you guys fall asleep now who was there what happened any new guys or gals I try to keep abreast of what is going on does anyone know if my old rig is out there miss it anyways later don
chairman

Postby ian bruce » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:13 pm

Don (and everyone else)-

Thank you for the condolences on Arran. I never realized how many people knew him.... For those who don't remember him, Arran was the Golden Retriever who would walk around the pits, holding his own leash....

As one fellow racer pointed out to me "He had a good life, and died at a place (track) he loved to be at, surrounded by family and friends" What an epitath, I can think of no better.

Racing- Yes, the Yanks appeared and did quite well for themselves. Let's see, Mark Mason turned up with his Triumph, Ralf Scholtes passengered for him, Bill Douglas brought his left handed BMW, Chris Chapelle did the swinging for him on Saturday and Sunday (Sandra did honours on Friday), Brian and Heather Carrol had their P1 BSA, Willey Kenny and Gary Green were on Willey's BMW, Bob Bala and Bruce Richmond did battle on Bruce's right handed Bimmer, and Rob Demitrius and Christina fought through to a third place in the final, following the Whittakers, who were just behind Brian Brama and Hopper! Close fighting throughout the field (except around Sandra and myself in 7th), cursing a misfire that got worse and worse. 11 started the final, 11 finished, a big improvement from the heat race where 11 started, and only 5 or 6 finished.

Brian Brama was hot all weekend, except for the heat race, where he got to spectate from turn 5.

Dale did not make it up with your former rig.

We missed ya! Be ready for the Vintage Celebration at Loudon in May!

If I missed anything, there are a lot more people out there, who can fill you (and the rest of the world) in!

Ian
ian bruce
Site Admin

Postby paul whittaker » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:56 am

Ian is getting old too, he missed Doug Donalan and Sandy Harris who finished forth, also Pete and Judy Demerski who were stopped at the gate after top end problems (motor that is), and dragged back to the pits to have their engine repaired and ordered back out for the race.
also in the pack were Rob Guilemette and Allan.
paul whittaker
VRRA Member

Return to Sidecars